Yay!!!!

Moho81

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

And it ended up being the water pump that went.

There goes buying that new handgun I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure on the ford, but it wasn't too bad of a job on my old 03 silverado. Hardest part was getting the fan to break free but there are tools and tricks to doing it.

Ha wait till,you guys have girls driving . Flat tire, the RN calls me , car is making a horrible noise , ( you don’t say .)  She had a front flat before and could tell right away, this time rear flat ,and until it totally sh!t the bed it drove ok I guess !?

She got off 490 in a bad area, so off I went , beat AAA by 15  minutes or so .

The daughter in Buffalo was going into the office last Sunday and her car too was making a horrible noise , via cell phone I had her look under it , and found this “ skid plate “ tore off and scrapping the ground, AAA bent it up , so it wasn’t scrapping anymore .

The next day Goodyear reattached it for $50 , which was better then me driving up ,plus today she had to drive to Syracuse .

B1C7596F-72D9-4D2F-BA34-75CB987B88C3.jpeg

740E3F97-D90D-451B-BD41-8A19BA060DB9.jpeg

• Sad 1

Yuck!any coolant jobs sucks!im a fix it myself kind of guy unless i just dont have the tools or dont want to deal with the headache.the g/f's 04 accord need rear struts,not messin with it without a lift.my old 92 bonneville needs a front motor mount i noticed last week,im diggin in on that one!just hit 204k and still a runner.car is as old as me haha

32 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ha wait till,you guys have girls driving . Flat tire, the RN calls me , car is making a horrible noise , ( you don’t say .)  She had a front flat before and could tell right away, this time rear flat ,and until it totally sh!t the bed it drove ok I guess !?

The daughter in Buffalo was going into the office last Sunday and her car too was making a horrible noise , via cell phone I had her look under it , and found this “ skid plate “ tore off and scrapping the ground, AAA bent it up , so it wasn’t scrapping anymore .

The next day Goodyear reattached it for $50 , which was better then me driving up ,plus today she had to drive to Syracuse .

740E3F97-D90D-451B-BD41-8A19BA060DB9.jpeg

What the heck did she catch that skid plate on?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

What the heck did she catch that skid plate on?

Snow . She parked on the road despite having off st parking , the plow packed snow around car .  In her effort to drive out of the hard packed snow, the snow pulled off the front screws or Christmas trees .

Its a very thin piece of aluminum I think , basically to keep, stuff off lower engine area ,and help with aerodynamics .

2016 Civic Ex , very low to the ground ,AAA said very common .

not sure on the ford, but it wasn't too bad of a job on my old 03 silverado. Hardest part was getting the fan to break free but there are tools and tricks to doing it.

If it wasn’t Tuesday and I had a bit more free time I would have done the repair myself. I like tackling jobs like this. Gives me a sense of accomplishment like I can take care of things if need be. Unfortunately this time it was just easier to let a shop deal with the problem. I’m not happy about it but I’m already driving my truck again which wouldn’t have happened if I fixed it myself. I’d still be in the garage working away.

• Like 1

B1C7596F-72D9-4D2F-BA34-75CB987B88C3.thumb.jpeg.9d8154d744a07a4fc379adb506971263.jpeg
740E3F97-D90D-451B-BD41-8A19BA060DB9.thumb.jpeg.b6bfae82741be2a7cd105819b50429e3.jpeg

Nomad, your a fantastic dad and an absolute great human being. In all seriousness I aspire to be the type of dad/person you already are. Available to his daughters at the drop of a hat. I want my girls to know the same thing. I’d drop everything for them from now until the day I can no longer do so and hope they count on me for that.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Moho81 said:

If it wasn’t Tuesday and I had a bit more free time I would have done the repair myself. I like tackling jobs like this. Gives me a sense of accomplishment like I can take care of things if need be. Unfortunately this time it was just easier to let a shop deal with the problem. I’m not happy about it but I’m already driving my truck again which wouldn’t have happened if I fixed it myself. I’d still be in the garage working away.

i hear ya, i'd have probably done the same. In the spring and summer I have other options and could let it sit while I waited for parts and time, but in the winter the truck is all I have and the hassle of getting rides and stuff wouldn't be worth it.

sucks man, but glad you're back on the road. and not found on the road dead ;)

16 hours ago, Nomad said:

damn that tire looks almost brand new too!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Nomad, your a fantastic dad and an absolute great human being. In all seriousness I aspire to be the type of dad/person you already are. Available to his daughters at the drop of a hat. I want my girls to know the same thing. I’d drop everything for them from now until the day I can no longer do so and hope they count on me for that.

Thanks.  But when they call in the early part of the day, I know it’s generally not good . Being retired helps , Ive got the time . Now that ones engaged, I figure it’s another guys turn .... I tried to teach they to be self reliant, but cars  and other mechanical things , it didn’t work out to much .

Belo yes one winter on those snows. There’s a guy on county line , near lake rd that has a tire shop at his house . Been doing it like 30 years, he recommends that brand of snows, all his family runs them , but when it was towed to firestone , they did have  trouble finding one .

I just threw on a set of the blizzak ws90s on mine just before Christmas. I am not sure I can ever stick with all seasons year round anymore. It's a pain in the ass to have to swap the tires and store them in the off-season but man are they a game changer in the snow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I just threw on a set of the blizzak ws90s on mine just before Christmas. I am not sure I can ever stick with all seasons year round anymore. It's a pain in the ass to have to swap the tires and store them in the off-season but man are they a game changer in the snow

i had to winter my g8 when i first bought it. put the $1100 blizzaks on the stock tires and bought summer tire/rims. The initial cost hurts, but you're getting equal life out of both sets in the long run and better summer and better winter performance... plus some snazzy rims haha

• Like 1

It’s been above 40 degrees every day in February and the snow total is under 1/28th of an inch!!!

• Like 1

It’s been above 40 degrees every day in February and the snow total is under 1/28th of an inch!!!

Unfortunately! But when we had a crazy snow one day they were game changing also when I go up to VT for wedding stuff they're a necessity

Unfortunately! But when we had a crazy snow one day they were game changing also when I go up to VT for wedding stuff they're a necessity

You drive? No more helicopters since the Kobe accident?

• Like 1

You drive? No more helicopters since the Kobe accident?

I drive when I want to absorb the scenery from the ground and not my private jet. Helicopters are a no go since Kobe met his untimely demise along with 9 other great people

• Like 1

I have driven only GM trucks (about 50/50 Chevy & GMC's), since 1980, and none have left me stranded.  That is 40 years with no tow -trucks or flat-beds, so I really can't complain.  I did have a close call one time with my 2000 Chevy Silverado.   My wife was backing it up to the boat launch, up on the St Lawrence river about 5 years ago, as I waited in the boat out on the river.  I heard a loud "bang" and she stopped suddenly, then started yelling for me to come and see what happened.   The drive shaft had broken off (from lots of corrosion), just forward of the rear universal.   Fortunately, that truck was four wheel drive.   I pulled what was left of the shaft out the transfer case, tossed it into the back of the truck, engaged the front-axle, and pulled the boat out with it like that.   I nursed it over to a local mechanic, and he welded me up a new shaft the next day.   The truck handled very well as a front-wheel drive. 

When corrosion started to get the best of the frame a couple years ago, I was planning on taking that truck off the road and making a field vehicle out of it.  Instead, I gave it to my father-in law, who still uses it for plowing snow up at his retirement home in the Adirondacks.    He got the frame welded up and has taken care of most of the other corrosion issues in his "spare-time" such that it is almost as good as new now.   I still get to use it while hunting up there every fall.  I do save a lot of money in gas by driving my little Chevy Sonic back and forth up there these days.   Thanks to climate change, I really don't miss the 4 wheel drive at home in western NY.   Our current Chevy Silverado  is a 2000, 2wd, "rustless"  extended-cab from Florida.  As long as I can keep that one rust-proofed, I should have no further need for a four wheel drive.       

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

Agreed which is why I went with the 5.0 instead of the eco boost 3.6. It’s a proven solid engine. I guess this Isn’t really an engine problem per say. Just a bit annoyed. I bought the truck in March of 17 and it’s now left me broke down twice.

Love Fords and the 5.0. Just curious as to how you came to the determination of the 5.0 being a more proven engine over the eco boost?

Love Fords and the 5.0. Just curious as to how you came to the determination of the 5.0 being a more proven engine over the eco boost?

The ecoboost was less then 2 years old when he bought the truck 

The first EcoBoost actually came out in 2010. I did a lot of reading from car magazines and personal customer reviews. Looked at recall information etc. 2 major problems with the first generation 3.5 made me want to stay away. 1. Being that if not driven hard every once and a while condensation would sit near or in the turbos and when on hard acceleration the water would get sucked into the turbos and either cause the truck to go into limp mode or worse hydro lock the engine. Ford corrected the problem pretty fast so it wasn’t a huge concern but still a concern. 2. Was reports that the turbos where starting to fail around 75,000 miles. Considering I was buying used I knew I’d be at that mileage shortly after buying it. The do it yourself repair cost was pretty cheap but you had to take a ton of stuff off in order to swap out the turbos. The repair cost from the dealer was very expensive.

That’s what I remember from my research anyways.

• Like 1