Motorcycles: Who Rides?

Deleted Account

2 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Couldn’t resist moving the snowblower out of the way and pulling out the Vespa today. The battery was dead, so I let it charge and took it up to the gas station and liquor store for another bottle of Teeling. 
I’m not quite ready to wash it yet, I’m not convinced this weather is going to last all that long with snow in the forecast later in the week. The dust doesn’t hurt the way it rides.

EEAF1B98-3BA0-4A1B-9008-91D9C0990C36.jpeg

I like the color 

I have to buy a battery for mine

Edited by Paula

3 minutes ago, Paula said:

I like the color 

Thanks, it’s a cool bike. Gets great mileage, is super comfortable and will run 80 on the highway, though I’m convinced the Speedo is off, and it’s more like 75 :)

Im hoping the battery is okay on mine, was more weak than dead. Not the end of the world if it needs replacing though. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 3:56 PM, squirrelwhisperer said:

Makes me miss mine more now lol. I once told her I wanted to get another and she said, "You got rid of it for one, now that you have two it's ok?" Couldn't argue with that logic...so I bought a vette. Shoulda seen the look on her face!

Sweet bike Belo

last year was the first year I didn't take it out. Still don't have the heart to sell.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Splitear said:

Couldn’t resist moving the snowblower out of the way and pulling out the Vespa today. The battery was dead, so I let it charge and took it up to the gas station and liquor store for another bottle of Teeling. 
I’m not quite ready to wash it yet, I’m not convinced this weather is going to last all that long with snow in the forecast later in the week. The dust doesn’t hurt the way it rides.

EEAF1B98-3BA0-4A1B-9008-91D9C0990C36.jpeg

What's fun to ride but you don't tell your friends (or post in a forum)?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

What's fun to ride but you don't tell your friends (or post in a forum)?

Haha, I tell that joke all the time :) Seriously though, people love the thing, I get compliments everywhere. Even a guy at Plaza W&S yesterday stopped me to talk about it. It's also fun to pass folks on a Vespa. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Haha, I tell that joke all the time :) Seriously though, people love the thing, I get compliments everywhere. Even a guy at Plaza W&S yesterday stopped me to talk about it. It's also fun to pass folks on a Vespa. 

This reminds me of a local scooter "gang".

They must have  a dozen members. Matching leather jackets and the works. Youngest member must be 70.. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ncountry said:

This reminds me of a local scooter "gang".

They must have  a dozen members. Matching leather jackets and the works. Youngest member must be 70.. :)

I’ve done a ride with the “Albany Rumblers”. It’s a different group, but fun. I prefer to ride solo or with a buddy whose got a Ryker. 
I’ve read about the “Mod Culture” in England back in the 60’s and 70’s. They were the Hells Angels of the British isles, all on scooters :)

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Splitear said:

I’ve done a ride with the “Albany Rumblers”. It’s a different group, but fun. I prefer to ride solo or with a buddy whose got a Ryker. 

I had bought a cbr1000 a few years ago figuring I was old enough to responsibly ride one again after not having a bike for years. Turns out I'm not..lol..I sold it before I hurt myself.. 

Actually thinking a dual purpose bike may be fun. I could even take it west on an elk trip and get further in on some of those jeep trails we won't take the truck..

10 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I had bought a cbr1000 a few years ago figuring I was old enough to responsibly ride one again after not having a bike for years. Turns out I'm not..lol..I sold it before I hurt myself.. 

Actually thinking a dual purpose bike may be fun. I could even take it west on an elk trip and get further in on some of those jeep trails we won't take the truck..

I had a Suzuki DR250 in college, it was great. It sat high, which was great for me being tall. Not super comfortable on long rides, but it was great for short trips and some off-road riding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belo said:

I was just in Miami. Scooters are everywhere and for good reason, the traffic there sucks. I'd for sure have a scooter if I lived in a city like that. Otherwise though... ;)

When I sold my last motorcycle, a 1500 Kawasaki, my wife basically said “no more”. When we were in Italy in 2017 we rented a Vespa to cruise around Tuscany and she loved it. She told me that she would be okay with a Vespa. 1 week after we got back, mine was sitting for sale about a mile from our house. I haven’t second guessed getting it once, it is a blast. 

• Like 3

Thanks, it’s a cool bike. Gets great mileage, is super comfortable and will run 80 on the highway, though I’m convinced the Speedo is off, and it’s more like 75
Im hoping the battery is okay on mine, was more weak than dead. Not the end of the world if it needs replacing though. 
75 mph on that thing must feel like 150!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

For the most part I like riding back roads and easy dirt trails, getting up there in age and decided to get something more easy handling than my motorcycles, something small and very gas economical. After a lot of looking around I went with a Honda 150 ADV scooter as I felt it would best fit the bill of wants. About as easy riding as it gets, can hit over 60 mph, light weight (295 lbs), 80 mpg, no shifting and plenty of under seat storage that will hold my pack rod and other outdoor stuff. Did about 50 miles yesterday and had a ball doing it and the gas gauge hardly moved.

Al

2022-06-04_145654.png

• Like 7