Motorcycles: Who Rides?

Deleted Account

19 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I didn't even last my first summer on the street and called it quits because of stupid drivers , i was always too busy scanning for cars then enjoying myself . Of course i stuck to dirt and managed to break and damage all kinds of stuff all on my own. 

most of my buddies stopped riding, so when I go out it's a quick errand that doesn't require more than a backpack or maybe a ride into work. But I spend the whole ride hyper-vigilant and I often think how much nicer it'd be in my truck sipping a coffee. The whole ride is anticipating someone making a bad decision... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm not sure what I'm looking at

Those are Honda Ez90s ,they were made from 91 -96 . They were marketed as fun bikes . 2 stroke 90cc fully automatic ,cvt drive like a snowmobile. They are offroad only machines that will do just about 40 mph . The story behind all the plastic is that honda was trying to entice non motorcycle riders into the sport , the plastic hides all the inner workings and is supposed to make people feel safe about riding . Nobody comes back from a ride on the cub without a huge smile on their face .

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 3:56 PM, squirrelwhisperer said:

Makes me miss mine more now lol. I once told her I wanted to get another and she said, "You got rid of it for one, now that you have two it's ok?" Couldn't argue with that logic...so I bought a vette. Shoulda seen the look on her face!

Sweet bike Belo

Squirrelwhisperer, 

I would swear your posts were mine. I still have my 1995 900RR parked in the corner of the garage. I can't get rid of it even though I haven't ridden it since I bought my 03 Z06 back in 05. It was the first thing I ever bought new. I have been thinking about pulling the carbs, replacing the gas lines and getting it running again. I can't imagine it would need much. It was fine when I parked it. My 15 year old daughter is constantly asking me to get it going so I can ride her. I think that is what holds me back from at least riding it once a year up too Americade. She would want to go and if anything ever happened to her while she was riding with me, I would never be able to forgive myself. My brother rides my Nephew all the time. Makes me nervous.....and of course if I climbed on it, I would have to see if I could still do rolling burnouts and ride wheelies....Probably wouldn't go over good at 47

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Moho, is this your bike? yes, you need to clean it up and get it running again. then at least cover it when you store it! Lol

Yep, that's the one that needs the throttle cables replaced. If I can get my few indoor projects completed I will get it out into my garage space and start cleaning it up and looking into the exact cables I need. I looked over the weekend and 2 cables came to about 54 dollars plus shipping. 

5 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Yep, that's the one that needs the throttle cables replaced. If I can get my few indoor projects completed I will get it out into my garage space and start cleaning it up and looking into the exact cables I need. I looked over the weekend and 2 cables came to about 54 dollars plus shipping. 

that's not a ton of money to get a bike on the road! Do it!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's not a ton of money to get a bike on the road! Do it!

OMG its next to no money to be able to ride again. Honestly it should be the cables and a new battery and shes on the road again. I always procrastinate something like this that I've never done because I am always concerned it's going to take way longer and involve way more than I think but it NEVER does but that feeling is always there with me. I can openly admit that it makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

OMG its next to no money to be able to ride again. Honestly it should be the cables and a new battery and shes on the road again. I always procrastinate something like this that I've never done because I am always concerned it's going to take way longer and involve way more than I think but it NEVER does but that feeling is always there with me. I can openly admit that it makes no sense. 

You'll have to check the tires for dry rot if it's been sitting for a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

You are lucky to still have her. Fixing her is still WAY cheaper than a vette lol.

Pull the trigger, fix it, then SEND IT!

14 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

You are lucky to still have her. Fixing her is still WAY cheaper than a vette lol.

Pull the trigger, fix it, then SEND IT!

I never saw the point in getting rid of her. She's not worth much so it's not like it would fund another toy. I'd love to get my hands on a little go fast car to play with instead of the bike but the bike will be a couple hundred to fix vs. a new toy of a few grand. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Toss 2 kids and a new house into the mix and i'm not even sure what happened to those 6-8 years. 

Kids and time blow by so fast! Blink and they're gone, just my experience fwiw. 

I'll also volunteer to assist in raising her from the dead. Have tools and a Kawi affliction so I travel lol. 

I call dibs on the test ride though, pending tires of course . . .

Edited by Enigma
Mispell

Kids and time blow by so fast! Blink and they're gone, just my experience fwiw. 
I'll also volunteer to assist in raising her from the dead. Have tools and a Kawi affliction so I travel lol. 
I call dibs on the test ride though, pending tires of course . . .

Do you travel and work for beer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2020 at 1:15 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I got my motorcycle license before my regular license. Went from April-sept the year I was 16 with just a bike. A brand new CBR 600rr that I payed cash for.

I kept than one until 2009 and sold it with 67k miles.

Now I have an 06 HD Road King

14 Honda CBR 1000rr

12 Suzuki DRZ 400 supermoto.

Don’t ride near as much as I did with my work schedule and 3 boats but I do enjoy riding and I have no payments and have the room for them. The HD’s nice for a long ride once or twice a year. The CBR’s nice for when I want to go 0-100 in “holy shit.” And the DR Z is a smile machine, it’s amazing how much fun a 40hp single cylinder bike can really be!

How many more miles does the back wheel of the drz have than the front?

I have a ktm 450 super moto and they are hands down the most fun you can have on 2 wheels. Just get nervous because they are so inviting to do things that shouldn't be done on the street 

How many more miles does the back wheel of the drz have than the front?
I have a ktm 450 super moto and they are hands down the most fun you can have on 2 wheels. Just get nervous because they are so inviting to do things that shouldn't be done on the street 

Over 50%! Dr Z’s are very well known for prescribing smiles.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:06 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Over 50%! Dr Z’s are very well known for prescribing smiles.

Ohh I know. Id say my KTM is the best investment of my life. 

I cant disclose the things I do on it but  I can tell you that it rarely goes above 40mph and the front tire always looks brand new 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Couldn’t resist moving the snowblower out of the way and pulling out the Vespa today. The battery was dead, so I let it charge and took it up to the gas station and liquor store for another bottle of Teeling. 
I’m not quite ready to wash it yet, I’m not convinced this weather is going to last all that long with snow in the forecast later in the week. The dust doesn’t hurt the way it rides.

EEAF1B98-3BA0-4A1B-9008-91D9C0990C36.jpeg

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 3