Motorcycles: Who Rides?

Deleted Account

34 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I was going to comment on your hair in that pic, but decided it was a low blow.

Ha me and Hulk Hogan .

No low blow , never sweated things I had no control over , plus there’s women for everyone . Honestly  I’m such a prize , no hair and I’m still a 9 plus .

• Like 3

I normally throw this up on the Harley Davidson Forum, but I have a gift card for $575 in HD Chrome cash that can be used at any authorized HD dealer for service, parts, clothing, etc.  Will sell it to a member for 75% of value or $430.  It makes sense if you are hitting the dealer for work or clothing.  Always goes quick when I post it on the HD forum.  I have it from a rewards card and don't have a Harley any longer.  So if interested, let me know.
That's a damn good deal! And Moog is a lawyer so he can probably be trusted. (Not a defense attorney to my knowledge so...) But in all seriousness that's a ridiculously good deal. Could be used on a new helmet!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, airedale said:

Been riding all my adult life, don't put on the miles like I used to. Today I lean toward older classic bikes that I like to tinker with. The top three in this list are gone, the bottom four I still have and ride a bit.

Al

Chronologically in order of acquisition.

1970 Honda CB 750

1978 HD Electra Glide

2003 Honda Valkyrie

1987 Honda CMX 450

1974 Honda CB 450

1974 BMW R 90/6 Airhead

1974 Honda CL 200 Scrambler

1971-honda-cb750-k1-motorcycle.jpg

753618942o.jpg

P1000176.JPG

honda-cmx-450-rebel-1986-2.jpg

bfd43081-ac6d-45a6-b67b-c5cceaccfb0d.jpg

6000000002.jpg

2019-09-13_070720.png

That BMW is gorgeous.

• Like 1

best I ever did was around 140 too. On the 219 on the way to sunset beach down in Irving. Back pre-kids when the wife would ride on the back. The wife, mom and dad do not like the bike for all the reasons everyone else has given them up. I don't even disagree with their opinion. But post college not many people have ever been able to tell me what to do. I'm also not a wheelie stereotypical crotch rocket rider though.... but i do ride like an ass sometimes. 
Yea, I was planning on selling my rocket the following year anyhow and I probably got more for it from insurance than I would've outright so in the end I guess it worked out. There are parts of the GSXR I miss, but I'd take my current bike over it anyday now. The stretched out chopper style is so comfortable it's ridiculous. Plus when I get an itch for pulling RPMs my wife still has her GSXR so I just steal that for the day!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Yea, I was planning on selling my rocket the following year anyhow and I probably got more for it from insurance than I would've outright so in the end I guess it worked out. There are parts of the GSXR I miss, but I'd take my current bike over it anyday now. The stretched out chopper style is so comfortable it's ridiculous. Plus when I get an itch for pulling RPMs my wife still has her GSXR so I just steal that for the day!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

and no pics of the wife with the bike!?

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

That's a damn good deal! And Moog is a lawyer so he can probably be trusted. (Not a defense attorney to my knowledge so...) But in all seriousness that's a ridiculously good deal. Could be used on a new helmet!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If someone planned on spending money at a dealer or the online HD store, its a free 25% off.  Probably why it doesn't last on the HD forum.  Reminded me to redeem my points.  lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, airedale said:

Been riding all my adult life, don't put on the miles like I used to. Today I lean toward older classic bikes that I like to tinker with. The top three in this list are gone, the bottom four I still have and ride a bit.

Al

Chronologically in order of acquisition.

1970 Honda CB 750

1978 HD Electra Glide

2003 Honda Valkyrie

1987 Honda CMX 450

1974 Honda CB 450

1974 BMW R 90/6 Airhead

1974 Honda CL 200 Scrambler

1971-honda-cb750-k1-motorcycle.jpg

753618942o.jpg

P1000176.JPG

honda-cmx-450-rebel-1986-2.jpg

bfd43081-ac6d-45a6-b67b-c5cceaccfb0d.jpg

6000000002.jpg

2019-09-13_070720.png

Nice look bike! I tried buying a couple last year to work on, then I finally found a house 

Edited by Paula
  • Like 1

I got my motorcycle license before my regular license. Went from April-sept the year I was 16 with just a bike. A brand new CBR 600rr that I payed cash for.

I kept than one until 2009 and sold it with 67k miles.

Now I have an 06 HD Road King

14 Honda CBR 1000rr

12 Suzuki DRZ 400 supermoto.

Don’t ride near as much as I did with my work schedule and 3 boats but I do enjoy riding and I have no payments and have the room for them. The HD’s nice for a long ride once or twice a year. The CBR’s nice for when I want to go 0-100 in “holy shit.” And the DR Z is a smile machine, it’s amazing how much fun a 40hp single cylinder bike can really be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I normally throw this up on the Harley Davidson Forum, but I have a gift card for $575 in HD Chrome cash that can be used at any authorized HD dealer for service, parts, clothing, etc.  Will sell it to a member for 75% of value or $430.  It makes sense if you are hitting the dealer for work or clothing.  Always goes quick when I post it on the HD forum.  I have it from a rewards card and don't have a Harley any longer.  So if interested, let me know.

Great deal, I'm thinking on it!

• Like 1

All about the dirt for me.

My daily is a 2012 DR650. I ride that to work most everyday I can as well as hitting most forest roads along the way.

Woods bike is my 2005 CRF250X. Used for the tight trails and dice runs. Plated and inspected, but would be screaming at anything above 60.

Wife has a 2005 DR-Z400SM, lowered a few inches to let her flat foot.

6Wq40fbh.jpg

hW2NjtQh.jpg

jHQUtz5h.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Moho81 said:

I have a 95 Kawi Ninja in the garage that hasn't been ridden in 5-6 years since the throttle cable broke. Just about every winter I say I am going to work on it and every winter goes buy and I don't work on it. I do miss riding it and really should get it fixed. 

Drop it off at my house in the spring(when the garage is a little warmer) and we can get it back up and running. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

Drop it off at my house in the spring(when the garage is a little warmer) and we can get it back up and running. 

I might just take you up on that offer as I need a little motivation to do it and working on it with someone might do the trick. It's probably a ridiculously easy fix that I just haven't gotten to yet. I know when I looked into the cable's they where only about $60 total. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I had a 1970 Kawasaki 250 on off road when I was in HS, then a 1982 Kaw 750 LTD with a lot of chrome, nice street bike. My ride for the last 15 years has been this 02 V Star 1100.

I love to ride, it's a great feeling but it appears that my riding days are coming to an end. I'm always thinking about a deer running out in front of me, and with all people that I see driving with their head pointed down to the phone in their hand, some swerving badly, I'd rather just cruise in my comfy truck. So she's going up for sale.

I'll miss it though.

1935682_100272279991577_5717972_n.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bugsNbows said:

I gave up riding a few years ago. Old age, arthritis and stupid drivers took their toll. 

I didn't even last my first summer on the street and called it quits because of stupid drivers , i was always too busy scanning for cars then enjoying myself . Of course i stuck to dirt and managed to break and damage all kinds of stuff all on my own. 

• Like 1