Made the switch to a single pin

Hock3y24

42 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

WOW! What have I been missing. I’ve been using a 3 pin sight at 20-30-40 but just got a Montana black gold ascent single pin slider dialed in. The sight picture is amazing compared to the 3 pins. Anyone else have the same experience?

Last year I went from a single pin HHA slider, to a fixed 3 pin, set at 20 - 30 - and 40 yards. And I like it! 

So we did the complete opposite and it worked out for us both!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grampy said:

Last year I went from a single pin HHA slider, to a fixed 3 pin, set at 20 - 30 - and 40 yards. And I like it! 

So we did the complete opposite and it worked out for us both!!

Thats what i was running. killed deer just fine with it!

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I went to an HHA last year for both hunting and 3D and I love it. Although as far as hunting I haven’t had to move it from 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i've only shot 1 deer over 20 with a bow and that was at 40. 

• Like 1

When I bought my bow I tried all types of sights in the shop, the single pin was nicest for me. I leave it set at 25yds dead on for hunting. But it does have the ability to slide to exact yardages which would be great for a hunt out west someday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've hunted with 5 fixed pins years. Then 4 pins for a while. Then I went to a single pin HHA sight on multiple bows. Clean sight picture is awesome. It's a problem with one pin when deer dont follow the script. You have to know hold over or under which could be a lot or need to adjust on the fly which requires taking your eyes off the deer. I've got a 3 pin slider now; 20, 30, and 40. Pins dropped so top pin is centered in the circular housing with lots of space around it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 2/12/2020 at 1:08 PM, sodfather said:

It has the opposite affect with me. I could never get use to the vertical pin over the horizontal pins. 

I prefer the horizontal as well. I have an impact archery single pin and I love it. You can rotate it from vertical to horizontal. Unfortunately they went out of business, and I’d like to buy another one. My buddy just bought an alpine that is almost identical to the impact archery sight, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I’m going to call the shop where he purchased it in hopes of getting one. 

Edited by NonTypical