Chefs first AR build

Chef

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

I’ve read conflicting reports on this. I’m gunna start with the one I have and see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong.  I assume less mess moving back means you need less push moving it back forward.  But no biggie to swap it out if needed.   I think you should do a binary trigger too.  Lol

• Like 2

I could be wrong.  I assume less mess moving back means you need less push moving it back forward.  But no biggie to swap it out if needed.   I think you should do a binary trigger too.  Lol

So I actually spoke to someone over at JP yesterday he said buffet weight and a adjustable gas block is more important than the spring. He was saying the light weight carrier with a heavy buffer will give you a great mid weight system.
He said before sighting in to fire the weapon with no hand guard and adjust the gas block till the bolt just locks back when empty

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chef said:

Strike industries strike rail, I’m not sure how I feel about it yet but it had the correct inside diameter to fit the gas block I wanted

Options are crazy and then you need a o confirm that the Handguard will work with your receiver.   Hope you like it.  

Pretty funny subliminal message being dropped based on the book title. You may now be on a watch list!!!

It’s reading for a leadership training course I’m in at work lol

Atta boy! Congrats....what’s your feeling about the process- easier or harder than making chartreuse? More or less satisfying than chartreuse?
Cant wait to hear how it operates! Let that big dog eat!!!!

Much easier than making charcuterie. Now that I’ve done this once. The truth is with all the parts laid out it could easily be done in about 30 min. It was a very cool experience and I have a much better idea of how the gun truly works

The one thing is it is not as tasty as charcuterie

• Like 1

So I got to camp this evening, i took a few shots just to tune the gas block. I have to say she kicks like a 22lr, can’t wait to mount the scope in the morning and see how she shoots. I’m hoping she is a real shooter

• Like 6