Chefs first AR build

Chef

So after the Sullivan county coyote contest and hunting with the jerkman for the weekend I decided it was time for me to build my first AR, it is going to be a dual purpose gun built for Predator hunting and long range shooting. I’m pretty sure I decided on 224 valkyrie. Any way I decided to set up my spare bedroom as a office/gun building room. Got a new table and ordered a gunsmithing kit, here are pics of the new set up. I will keep this thread updated as this build moves along. I may also ask for some of your opinions on parts as I move forward

b8328efea3f0c0e491bd7ed6b23b8d48.jpga3dbc74620b2b99c2a782af38ac82aab.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 14

Parts ordered today

Kaw valley buffer kit

https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/KVP-6-Position-Mil-Spec-Stock-Completion-Kit-p/kvp-milspeckit-5.4.htm

Davidson defense ambi sling end plate

https://davidsondefense.com/DOUBLE-STAR-AR-15M16-AMBIDEXTROUS-SLING-ADAPTER-END-PLATE_p_913.html

Tactical superiority milspec lower kit

I will not use most of the parts from this kit as I will change out the trigger, grip, safety and maybe even bolt release. That being said I got it for the detents and the springs and will also practice installing these parts before the ones I order come in

https://davidsondefense.com/Tactical-Superiority-Mil-Spec-Quality-Lower-Parts-Kit-Lpk-For-Ar-15_p_3414.html

How did you know which buffer and spring to get , i have 2 different springs and 2 different weight buffers ,i can't remember which ones are supposed to be in the rifle anymore. 

I googled it, everything I could find said rifle should be between 5 and 5.4oz

I’m still waiting for your charcuterie thread and you start building a scary gun!!! Wtf man!!! Put your apron on and get back in the kitchen!!!!

Thinking of doing some this weekend!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chef said:

So after the Sullivan county coyote contest and hunting with the jerkman for the weekend I decided it was time for me to build my first AR, it is going to be a dual purpose gun built for Predator hunting and long range shooting. I’m pretty sure I decided on 224 valkyrie. Any way I decided to set up my spare bedroom as a office/gun building room. Got a new table and ordered a gunsmithing kit, here are pics of the new set up. I will keep this thread updated as this build moves along. I may also ask for some of your opinions on parts as I move forward

b8328efea3f0c0e491bd7ed6b23b8d48.jpga3dbc74620b2b99c2a782af38ac82aab.png

that gun building kit is about a 1/3 of the price i'm willing to pay for the entire gun haha. Also I believe your room is haunted as there appears to be a ghost in the bottom right corner.

good luck, i'll be gladly following along.

that gun building kit is about a 1/3 of the price i'm willing to pay for the entire gun haha. Also I believe your room is haunted as there appears to be a ghost in the bottom right corner.

Is that his air fryer on the table?!? Multitasking at its finest!!!

Hahaha I figure if I build a few guns it will pay for itself, also that is not ghost but my insane German short haired pointer

• Like 2