Just signed up for my first (2) tatoos

Zag

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

My daughter wanted one when she was about to turn 18. My wife, knowing I am not a fan, told her she would have to clear it with me. (Yeah I know, 18 is an adult, but as long as Dad is paying the bills I still carried a little weight). I was glad my wife gave me a heads up and I was prepared for her asking for permission. I told her that she could get whatever she wanted as long as it met a few conditions

1.   Could be covered with her professional attire

2.   She pays for it

3. She has to be willing to show me the entire tattoo  if I ask. 

She turns 25 in April and still doesn't have one.

Geez Bob, such a downer :-) jk

• Like 2

I got my first one when i was 13. Me and friends thought it would be cool to put a tatoo on our hands between thumb and pointer finger.

My dad wasn'treal proud when i got home.

Told me to wash it off, and then realized it was real. Didn't say much after that 

I got 3 more in my 20's. Now 41 have other things I would rather spend money on.

• Haha 1

I have 3 myself one of them being a half sleeve and got my first one around the age of 20. I obviously have nothing against tattoo's but I am still shocked when I see kids that are still in high school with tattoo's. Assuming they got it at a reputable shop their parents had to have signed off on it. No way would I sign off on one of my kids getting a tattoo at that age. 

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I think this guy is local as my friend says he knows him, now this is one I could go for . So many at work had to get tough guy ones , skills with flames and such .

9D09FC34-46BE-4524-BF73-7FF61EED761D.jpeg

I wouldn't care if my son was 15 or 35.  He'd get a good, firm kick in the butt from me if he ever got a tattoo like that.  Possibly several good kicks.

• Like 1

I like well done tats. Some of the artwork today is insane. 3D and colors... a long way from the old and “anchor” and “mom” tats.

My daughter wanted one when she turned 18 so we went on a road trip and both got one. It’s harder finding a person age 18-30 that doesn’t have one than doesn’t.

Now face, hand and front neck tats unless your a rapper, tat artist or gang member may be a bit extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, grampy said:

I've come close to walking into a shop to see if they could do such a thing. But never followed through. But.....a new tattoo shop is opening in a plaza not far from where I work. Soooo....perhaps I'll stop in one of these days??

Please, don't do that! Only use an established tattoo shop with artist that have been doing tats for years. Mentioned this before, most artist have a sort of specialty and not all can do everything well! Shop around, don't make a tattoo a spur of the moment decision you'll regret.

• Like 1

@grampy - Yes.  shop around.  Artist will always have an online portfolio and each have their own style.  Most of the good ones have bookings lined up so you would need to make reservations well ahead of time.  Artist that are sitting around doing nothing, waiting for a customer, you need to wonder why?

Artist will always draw on a carbon paper until it's a design that you like.  They then glue that carbon print onto you so you get to see it on you before proceeding.  The artist then is only tracing the work you agreed upon.  I would avoid any artist that free hand tattoo's the work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elmo said:

And then there's "Bang Bang" in NYC.  Real name is Keith McGurdy.  He does all the celebrities.  Unless you're a millionaire good luck making an appointment.  But his team is slightly more accessible.

That is where I got my forearm piece. I did not use Keith but a girl who's work I had been following for a while.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 4:15 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve always wanted to get a tattoo of a penis on my penis but only bigger 

I got one there that says TINY.  With the proper 'motivation' it changes to TICONDEROGA NEW YORK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 11 months later...

Well it’s finally done. My first appt was in March right when things first shutdown so that never happened, finally got in this past July and he was able to get it all sketched in and half the shading done. I had to reschedule the next appt in Oct. So today was the final appt. Turned out pretty well and 1st tattoo is done. This guys so busy I’m not sure when I’ll get the next done. 

B23D46F1-EEE6-4DEB-8537-95F67FFCD053.jpeg

Edited by Zag
  • Like 6

Well it’s finally done. My first appt was in March right when things first shutdown so that never happened, finally got in this past July and he was able to get it all sketched in and half the shading done. I had to reschedule the next appt in Oct. So today was the final appt. Turned out pretty well and 1st tattoo is done. This guys so busy I’m not sure when I’ll get the next done. 

B23D46F1-EEE6-4DEB-8537-95F67FFCD053.thumb.jpeg.710a0bb9321d0d95c0c70aeec8519adc.jpeg

MLB Rookie of the Year Ben Grieve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Zag said:

B23D46F1-EEE6-4DEB-8537-95F67FFCD053.jpeg

Well at least you kept it small for your first one.J/K I like it ..I’ve got 4 thinking about a sleeve myself.

Edited by rob-c

13 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Well at least you kept it small for your first one.J/K I like it ..I’ve got 4 thinking about a sleeve myself.

Yeah, I’m kinda go a go big kinda guy. I think it took almost 7hrs between both. At the end of each one my skin was getting sore!