Just signed up for my first (2) tatoos

Zag

Back when I was 17 and in the Army, we weren't sure if we'd be sent to Nam or not, as things were winding down at that time. But one night after way too many beers, we all got a small tat of our first name on our forearms to help identify us if we got KIA. I know, sounds really dumb, and it was. I've regretted it ever since! But I've recently been thinking about getting a Native American bow, with feathers and crossed arrows, to cover up the one I got way back in the day. One reason is to have a symbol of my partial Native bloodline. And the other reason is for my lifelong love of the bow. 

I've come close to walking into a shop to see if they could do such a thing. But never followed through. But.....a new tattoo shop is opening in a plaza not far from where I work. Soooo....perhaps I'll stop in one of these days??

Or at this point at almost 63 why bother???  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, grampy said:

Back when I was 17 and in the Army, we weren't sure if we'd be sent to Nam or not, as things were winding down at that time. But one night after way too many beers, we all got a small tat of our first name on our forearms to help identify us if we got KIA. I know, sounds really dumb, and it was. I've regretted it ever since! But I've recently been thinking about getting a Native American bow, with feathers and crossed arrows, to cover up the one I got way back in the day. One reason is to have a symbol of my partial Native bloodline. And the other reason is for my lifelong love of the bow. 

I've come close to walking into a shop to see if they could do such a thing. But never followed through. But.....a new tattoo shop is opening in a plaza not far from where I work. Soooo....perhaps I'll stop in one of these days??

Grampy I would say that tattoo means more than what most people get. Reflects a time when you were with some buddies and might be headed off to war.   I can bet you don't look at it without thinking of them and those times.   I don't have any tats but it would seem to me that you have no reason to regret that at all.  

• Like 4

Wait you're 63? That doesn't sound terribly old

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Zag said:

First ones is going on my shoulder/arm fairly good size. Basically a skull with baseball seams across the scull, part of a baseball bat with his name on it and a road somewhere in it representing all the traveling were doing. I don't have the final draft yet!

The other is going to be a silhouette of my sons baseball swing, a couple years ago he hit his first home run which happened to be in the championship game against an older kid who was throwing gas (that's the day his coach said he's really good and should be playing more baseball)! We were fortunate enough that one of the other parents took a great picture of him mid swing. I'm leaning towards putting that on my calf. Here's the pic

1043.jpeg

I did something similar my boy loves him so baseball.

EB8AE447-04CA-4578-BA66-7A69E33659F2.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Another 15-20 years and you might need that tattoo as a reminder! 

I say keep it 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Congratulations. Reminds me of a joke I heard years ago....:rofl:

A woman walks into a tattoo parlor...

renderTimingPixel.png

...and says to the tattoo artist "I want this picture of Elvis Presley tattooed on my inner thigh." The tattoo artist doesn't bat an eye and proceeds to do so.

The artist finishes the tattoo, and it's an exact match to the picture. He asks the woman "So, what do you think?"

"This is awful! This looks nothing like Elvis!"

"Ma'am, it's an exact match", the artist says, holding the picture in his hand.

"I don't care what you think", the woman says, "try again on my other thigh". The artist once again tattoos a perfect match of the King on her other thigh, and once again the woman is furious.

"You managed to screw this up twice! I want my money back!"

"Ma'am, I don't know what to tell you. Both of these are identical!"

"I bet I can go up to anyone on the street and they'll agree with me!" Says the woman

"And if they do, I'll give you your money back" says the artist.

So the woman walks out of the tattoo parlor and walks up to the first man she sees. She hikes up her skirt and says "Who does this look like to you?"

The man says "I don't know about the twins, but the one in the middle is a dead ringer for Willie Nelson"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, grampy said:

I'll be 63 this year ..... 1957 was a great year for Chevy's also !  LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

They are addicting. There is always the itch for new ink. Kinda like a firearm, always want another. 

Yeah I'm worried, ive always wanted sleeves but not sure I ever will in my line of work, people still judge.

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve always wanted to get a tattoo of a penis on my penis but only bigger 

Yeah...Mine used to get bigger, but not much anymore....I remember years ago when the urologist wanted to XRAY my penis...

My comment was " Well....THAT's unique …"

So there I am down in the X-ray lab, and sure enough, the technician was a drop dead beautiful young lady...

By then " Little Clarkie"  looked like I had been sitting in ice water for about an hour....

I told her... " I think the little fella is CAMERA SHY"....

She said , " Don't be embarrassed, I do this all the time"...

I said,  " Yeah, I'll bet you've Xrayed a couple dozen penis's already today.."....

44 minutes ago, Zag said:

Yeah I'm worried, ive always wanted sleeves but not sure I ever will in my line of work, people still judge.

My daughter wanted one when she was about to turn 18. My wife, knowing I am not a fan, told her she would have to clear it with me. (Yeah I know, 18 is an adult, but as long as Dad is paying the bills I still carried a little weight). I was glad my wife gave me a heads up and I was prepared for her asking for permission. I told her that she could get whatever she wanted as long as it met a few conditions

1.   Could be covered with her professional attire

2.   She pays for it

3. She has to be willing to show me the entire tattoo  if I ask. 

She turns 25 in April and still doesn't have one.

• Like 4

As long as a tattoo isn't offensive, on the neck, face, hands or head I'm not sure it's really that frowned upon anymore as far as employment goes. As long as it can be covered with pants and a long sleeve shirt I say go for it if you want it. Tattoos are addicting, I've got a full sleeve and a tattoo on my ribs and am looking forward to my next sleeve.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't know if they're so much as addicting but more because the inhibition is gone.  Once you get the 1st one and you realize it's no big deal, then you have no issues getting more.  I have 3 but they're small back when I was in my early 20's and broke.  Now I'm planning on at least 2 more.  My two boys are named after cartoon/movie characters so that's what it'll be.

I have one and it was PAINFUL. Multiple repeated bee stings..   Just dont get one in Chinese or some other language. True story.. Out at a club one night a hot latina was dancing around and I could see tat in Chinese on her back/neck/shoulder area.   I talked to her about it and she told me it said "Fear No Man".  What it actually translated to was "Funeral Man" ....

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I have one and it was PAINFUL. Multiple repeated bee stings..   Just dont get one in Chinese or some other language. True story.. Out at a club one night a hot latina was dancing around and I could see tat in Chinese on her back/neck/shoulder area.   I talked to her about it and she told me it said "Fear No Man".  What it actually translated to was "Funeral Man" ....

I've seen a lot of "9".  A lot like "Strength" except the line curves in the other direction.

Also, what may be innocent in one culture may be offense in another.

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

My daughter wanted one when she was about to turn 18. My wife, knowing I am not a fan, told her she would have to clear it with me. (Yeah I know, 18 is an adult, but as long as Dad is paying the bills I still carried a little weight). I was glad my wife gave me a heads up and I was prepared for her asking for permission. I told her that she could get whatever she wanted as long as it met a few conditions

1.   Could be covered with her professional attire

2.   She pays for it

3. She has to be willing to show me the entire tattoo  if I ask. 

She turns 25 in April and still doesn't have one.

My kids are still fairly young, but if I get wind that they got a tattoo or want one  while under my roof I will NOT be a happy camper to say the least.

8 hours ago, grampy said:

You only live once my friend!! Go do it!!

• Like 1