Info on coyote

cynthiafu

17 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

What state are these from? If the picture doesnt include the yote on the scale very skeptical. Talked to many people who have trapped for many many years and its rare to get a yote over 50lbs.

Google "70 lb coyote" and you will get lots of info with verified weights.  These photos came from a hunting forum about big yotes.  Over 50 lbs is not so rare anymore.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Google "70 lb coyote" and you will get lots of info with verified weights.  These photos came from a hunting forum about big yotes.  Over 50 lbs is not so rare anymore.

Im talking ny, and you posted pics of a supposed 80 and 90 lb yote. 50lbs is still a very large coyote in ny.

• Like 1

You can post all of the exceptions to the rule you want, I think the recent coyote contest explains it all. Out of 118 (which is a large sample pool) the largest was 50lbs. Can one get bigger? Sure. 1 in 500? 1 in 1,000? That's hardly a rule, those XL's are an exception. People also get 7' tall, but that's also an extreme example of a human. I'm really not sure what is trying to be depicted here? I also agree with others, unless I know details and a scale picture I'm skeptical of most things, but then again noone can lie on the internet....

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2