Info on coyote

cynthiafu

1 minute ago, Rattler said:

The article comes directly from the Missouri Conservation Department and it says they did DNA tests.  Sounds pretty credible.  Where does your statement refuting that info come from?

It’s a cover up. Right?

http://blogs.wvgazettemail.com/johnmccoy/2011/04/05/104-lb-coyote-was-really-a-wolf/

I could have told you it was a Wolf by looking at it. 

23 hours ago, Rattler said:

Yeah, he was a local in the area.  He used to frequent here as MrVJP.  Got fed up with the site.

because a lot of members were fed up with his constant political nonsense.

But he unlike some others had a lot to offer and share, so it was sad that it went in that direction

15 hours ago, Rattler said:

Congratulations whacker.  You win a cookie.

i'm still trying to figure out your angle. You want to get rid of yotes, I get that. Then you're going down a path of how big some are. Most of what has been sent your way is credible scientific data and most of what you send back has been refuted or is anecdotal.

And the guys you're discussing this with are all hunter and killers of yotes.

So what are your trying to convince us of here?

• Like 1

Coyotes are definitely way bigger in the East. I’ve hunted out west and Canada a bunch and the yotes there are much smaller. In Alberta on a wolf I hunt I passed up several yotes Everyday for a week and then near end of trip i shot one that was average size. It weighed 22lbs only!

Regarding google searches and Wikipedia, I wouldn’t take it very seriously. I believe at one point the internet said the largest bobcat in Minnesota recorded was 39lbs. However, I shot and weighed a 42lber. My point is that There are big species of game in many states in remote locations that never get publicity.

Going back to NY yotes, In my personal
Opinion a 40lber is a trophy. Anything over 50lbs is something very special and not common by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My friend who hunts Montana , stays at a guys place who used to guide but now just lets you stay in his cabins for $50 a night ( and tells you where to hunt ). 

He was showing old pictures to my friend when he saw what looked like a long board fence , it was a wire fence with coyote pelts  on it ,as far as the eye could see .

His son made enough trapping them to buy a new pick up truck for cash, while  still in high school .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2