Whisky/Whiskey Drinkers

Deleted Account

How many whisky drinkers do we have on here? I did a search of the forum and saw this topic pop up from a few years ago, so I thought I'd revive it. I myself love Scotch, especially Islay whiskies.

Though my go to for an everyday budget whisky is Teacher's Highland Cream, I've recently developed a taste for Tullamore D.E.W.

My favorite budget Islay is Lagavulin 8, but I would say the Ardbeg Uigeadail is one of the best I've ever had. If I want a real kick in the teeth, I go for the Ardbeg Corryvreckan.

What's your drink of choice?

MVIMG_20200212_174507.jpg

• Like 1

Old  # 7..... I also like Crown Royal and some of the other blends...I can get by quite nicely with Black Velvet...

I  like GOOD Scotch whisky, but cannot afford it, and cheap Scotch tastes like s**t...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I saw that, but it looks like it hasn't been posted in for over a year.

36 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Old  # 7..... I also like Crown Royal and some of the other blends...I can get by quite nicely with Black Velvet...

I  like GOOD Scotch whisky, but cannot afford it, and cheap Scotch tastes like s**t...

Don't be too hard on cheap Scotches, there are some good inexpensive blends to be had. Teachers is around $20 a bottle and is delicious. Talisker is a great Island single malt, and Talisker Storm can be found for under $40. Empire Wine and Spirits even has the Lagavulin 8 for $40.

• Thanks 1

I'm a Jim Beam Maple, Old Camp Peach Pecan guy if I can help it. Actually drinking some old camp as I type this. On the rocks of course. I'm not a big spender on my whiskey's and I typically like them around 70 proof for straight sipping, if it tastes good and is smooth I'll drink it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Don't be too hard on cheap Scotches, there are some good inexpensive blends to be had. Teachers is around $20 a bottle and is delicious. Talisker is a great Island single malt, and Talisker Storm can be found for under $40. Empire Wine and Spirits even has the Lagavulin 8 for $40.

I am a little hesitant to try teachers...I was married to one for 35 years  ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I drink Lagavulin almost daily. Laphroaig Cask Strength on the other days. I like peat, smoke and iodine.

Still have an unopened bottle of Laphroaig 30 Year Old. Last of three I bought 10 year ago. As I recall, $250 each. Just looked online and the price is anywhere from $1000 - $3000. Waiting for a special moment to crack this.

My take....the more they advertise it, the crappier the brand. Famous Grouse is a great inexpensive Scotch.

I tend to prefer bourbon more though, personal favorite is Woodford Reserve, but my wife bought me a bottle of 1792 for xmas, and that is very good, and reasonable.  Crown Royal in its different varieties is a good deal for the money, and when I can find it I like Gibsons (but Gibsons is more of a tribute for compatriots known, as it was his favorite drink).

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

Who needs three watches .....

Here’s the bottle from euchre last Sat night . 

I also like Hibiki , by Suntory when I can find it .

Forty Creek is good easy drinking cheap bottle as well .

A099759E-511D-4182-AFCF-F5F60B5A20A3.jpeg

I've got 4, I do like my Swiss Army watches :)

I've never tried the Double Wood, but I've heard good things.