Believe It Or Not

Steve D

https://www.bucksbullsbears.com/2020/02/13/new-archery-world-record-black-bear/

New Archery World Record Black Bear

by Bernie Barringer | Feb 13, 2020 | Uncategorized | 0 comments

New Archery World Record Black Bear

Pope and Young Club Names New World Record Black Bear During Special Panel

Chatfield, MN – On Saturday, February 8th, the Pope and Young Club convened a Special Panel of Judges in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, during the Great American Outdoors Show, for a potential P&Y World Record Black Bear.

• Like 2

Wow is right!  That bear on the right is a brute but the world record is a monster!  Amazing!   What a drag that must have been!   Could picture friends showing up to help thinking "we need backup!"  Come on guys I just need to get it into the bed of the pickup!   lol  Congrats to the hunter and NJ for getting a world record! 

• Like 1

A bigger bear was taken in NJ with a shotgun a few years back and the full body mount is on display at the Pequest trout hatchery building in NJ.  If I recall correctly it went 829 lbs.

A few bear in NJ have gone 700 lbs in recent years.  Since the current idiot Democrat governor has banned bear hunting again on all but private land, I expect to see this bow record eclipsed within a few years.