Tree indetification

buffalojim

Bass looks more like maple bark.  That is definitely Ash.  You know it's bass when your saw falls right through it with very little resistance.

Ash can get pretty flipping big, we have this monstrous old ash that, somehow, is still hanging on to life that would take 4 grown men linking arms to get around.  I'm loathe to cut it down, though I know the borer is going to kill it soon.

Edited by UpStateRedNeck

Keep a eye on the ash trees, the ash borer  Beatles are taking a toll on them. If you see large light brown patch’s  on the trunks the Beatles have killed it. 
Those bastards took down one of my favorite hunting trees a few years back. This thing had a 4ft+ trunk and blamo it's gone so I had to move 20 - 30 yards away to find a more suitable tree to throw a stand in

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Keep a eye on the ash trees, the ash borer  Beatles are taking a toll on them. If you see large light brown patch’s  on the trunks the Beatles have killed it. 

And yet they look real stable and are great climbing trees....until they snap with you in it. We had a ton of tree in the 3S program property killed off this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Climb an ash with a climber and try to descend after a dark to dark and you’ll know it. That bottom section is locked in tight   I’ve sworn many a times trying to get back down 

I seem to have that problem a lot with black walnut trees

• Like 1