2019 Bear Harvest

bkspyder

2 hours ago, bkspyder said:

It has been released for 2019.

Here it is: http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/bbrpt2019.pdf

Here's the harvests page for deer and bear by year: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/42232.html

Southern zone doing most of the harvests, and a jump as well. Hope to contribute to that next year myself.

2019bs.png

I always feel better getting skunked in the north during early season when the total is freaking 64.

I'd love to see a statistic that showed how many were actually pursuing bear and how many were opportunistic deer or dual hunters. Without bait this is freaking hard :(

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Not bad 5 for chenango this year.   I know were theres one been hanging out since last august.  hoping hes still there next year ill be putting some more time into that piece of stateland next year  hoping to atleast see him.  

I heard one was taken out near Georgetown two years ago.  Would love to even get one on cam

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I heard one was taken out near Georgetown two years ago.  Would love to even get one on cam

Theres seems to always be one taken in mcdonough,oxford or afton areas every year.  Ive personally known 3 guys in the area that have taken one within the last 5 years.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

22 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Theres seems to always be one taken in mcdonough,oxford or afton areas every year.  Ive personally known 3 guys in the area that have taken one within the last 5 years.

That's cool. My buddies wife is from McDonough and their family has a lot of land out that way.  Hear it's good hunting. 

10 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That's cool. My buddies wife is from McDonough and their family has a lot of land out that way.  Hear it's good hunting. 

Yea it can be if you can get into the right spots.  It reminds me a bit of up north with alot of pine forest and thousands of acers of stateland but a higher deer population.  My bil usually takes a nice 8 every year on one piece when he come up from pa.  2 years ago he shot a 6 that was 17 inches wide.  I think this year opening day he saw 25 -30 all does but 2 spikes.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...