Worst news ever

cynthiafu

Home  News

BREAKING NEWS – Amazon is coming to Orange County; wins Montgomery IDA approval

February 14, 2020

Amazon-logo-696x291.jpg

MONTGOMERY – By a five to two vote, the Montgomery Town Industrial Development Agency today approved the 15-year amended payment-in-lieu of taxes agreement with Amazon so the giant online merchandising company will construct a one million square foot distribution center in the town.

Site clearing, at the intersection of Routes 747 and 17K is expected to begin as soon as tomorrow.

The project will involve a $75 million capital investment, create as many as 1,000 jobs, and 300 construction jobs over an 18-month period.

Get Email Updates

* indicates required
Email Address *

mid hudson news logo
Serving New York's Hudson Valley and Catskill for 20 Years
Contact us: [email protected]

CONTACTS:

Newsroom: [email protected], [email protected]

Editor/webmaster: [email protected]

New advertising: [email protected]

Returning advertisers: [email protected]

Publisher: [email protected], [email protected]

© Copyright 2019 Mid Hudson News | All rights reserved. Site built by Systemagic

Well you have to know the town to understand what was going on here. I lived there for the last eight years and love Montgomery. This has been a hot topic for a while with many anti medline signs all over town. Fact is that it's a upper middle class town that many including myself feel will change the whole structure of the area. 

The town won't benefit from the 1000 jobs the other surrounding towns will. Montgomery residents aren't hurting for work.  Towns like Newburgh, Middletown and Maybrook will have the majority of residents that will be hired for these jobs. 

Stop by Copperfields on a Friday night and ask locals how they feel about this. As normal, this comes down to politics and a few people really pushing their narrative. I see know way in 10 years this doesn't change the blueprint of the town. I hope it's for the better but I doubt it. 

• Like 1

Another 15 year corporate  welfare package in lieu of taxes . Your taxes will go up your school taxes will go up .... the cost of living in the area will go up . People will be forced out And Amazon will pocket more money....... seen it happen . Spare me the cost of doing business  speech. I'm all for jobs ... just not corporate  hand outs. Like they cant afford to pay their fare share.

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 2