2020 Season (Biz)

BizCT

Nice looking buck. Big tree there in the background as well!

It’s an acorn flat, it’s like walking on marbles in September. The ground blind we use in this spot. It’s about 18 yards to the right of frame. I shot my 8pt last year while it was front of this camera (different cam but strapped to same exact tree). Every I open a scrape under those branches on the right and deer check it out. That’s what the buck was doing when I killed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

That giant tree looks too dark to be an oak. Cant quite make it out. Can one of the resident tree experts name it?  Beautiful property nonetheless. Scrapes used during the day plus oaks is a slam dunk. 

Thanks. Yea, i'm no tree expert. So I can't answer. 

7/25: got a lot done this morning. Dragged a tire to cut down high brush on walking trails. Replaced a ground blind, threw some throw and grow for summer pics, and checked cams.

No spikes, no 3’s and no 8’s. So far we got the following on cam:

Two 4’s
Two 6’s
One 7pt
Some does and only 1 fawn I think.

38d3c0151bdcf0c9915c16bcee82168f.jpg8edf51cbcf30ceaf5bc0663bce28b332.jpgdfabacc8a8bbd30161de54ee66924dbb.png783a7d24b9d87b487f3940031b3debe6.jpg3f35198f54f67b42ee6608e67b108ba7.jpg15261858724e9e434f4a2691df6a709c.jpg270f49cd10b381aef1799fc81581be36.jpg384ff814d2d6ef3963400be21aa942a4.jpg6bcce3d9ff7c73e0fc65b9a3dd0f1fa8.jpg

• Like 4

Price of admission to the next round may just be that shirt!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have 2 of them. I think both are from 2010 or 2011.

Your getting me fired up for next weekend Biz.  Me and guy I lease with are planning on some lane cutting, replacing stand straps and putting up cams.  

Do you brush in your blind or just leave it out?  I have one to put up but going to wait til Sept to do it . 

Your hunting area is looking pretty good. Looks like a few shooters to me. 

Your getting me fired up for next weekend Biz.  Me and guy I lease with are planning on some lane cutting, replacing stand straps and putting up cams.  

Do you brush in your blind or just leave it out?  I have one to put up but going to wait til Sept to do it . 

Your hunting area is looking pretty good. Looks like a few shooters to me. 

Yea round. They seem to last 4 years or so. Here’s a pic. While not brushed in per se, it blended nicely with the rock cliffs behind it and some trees in front of it. I’ve never had issue with deer spooking. Once they come over the hill onto that acorn flat they are 30-40yds max but usually way less. So by then it’s too late anyway for them. They can’t see the blind from far away. Too hilly.

In this pic I’m standing where i shot my buck last year. 18 yards. He was scraping the ground and racking this small tree with his antlers.

76f1cf06f0a48a55ebfcb00a053070ac.jpg&key=2f68877b8f663a8814dd0cff0aaf678164eccf032262cb9339755a3ae59465d3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea round. They seem to last 4 years or so. Here’s a pic. While not brushed in per se, it blended nicely with the rock cliffs behind it and some trees in front of it. I’ve never had issue with deer spooking. Once they come over the hill onto that acorn flat they are 30-40yds max but usually way less. So by then it’s too late anyway for them. They can’t see the blind from far away. Too hilly.

In this pic I’m standing where i shot my buck last year. 18 yards. He was scraping the ground and racking this small tree with his antlers.

76f1cf06f0a48a55ebfcb00a053070ac.jpg&key=2f68877b8f663a8814dd0cff0aaf678164eccf032262cb9339755a3ae59465d3

From this pic can really see it blends in well with those rocks. Just the earlier pic from in front of it looked like it stood out. Looks great right there. 

• Like 1

From this pic can really see it blends in well with those rocks. Just the earlier pic from in front of it looked like it stood out. Looks great right there. 

Thanks. Yea, it’s a good spot. That’s why I wanted to get it in now. They were already used to old one so let this one sit for 2 months. That’s also windows wide open, when I hunt it’s way less open and I wear black

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Last but not least the Hunting Forum T shirt!

31a662616ba5b9d878203a07cc1ee6dd.jpg

Cool shirt. Cant be out in the woods around here with shorts and short sleeves. Bugs will carry you away. They laugh at a thermacell. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

Cool shirt. Cant be out in the woods around here with shorts and short sleeves. Bugs will carry you away. They laugh at a thermacell. 

It was close to 95 with heat index. But it’s been super dry. I’ve never had much of an issue with mosquitos. My dad wore long pants and long shirt. But they don’t seem to come after me. Maybe something with blood type? Or urban myth?

Must not be as thick and swampy. Horsefly bites leave some wicked welts so do the sweat flys

It was shoulder high. That’s why we drag that tire to cut it down. Otherwise it’s tick mania

Do you use permethrin for the ticks

Yes, on hunting clothes. It’s made a world of a difference. I hunt from the ground, sometimes In heavy brush. On a warm November day i could commonly have 20 deer ticks on me for an all day sit. Now when I hunt I never see them.

But for days like today I go home, Jump in pool then shower and have wife check my hair etc.