2020 Season (Biz)

BizCT

8/18: checked my non cell cams today. A bunch of different Bucks, but nothing huge. Two 7 or 8’s that are decent though. A few does, no fawns and no critters. Just lots of young bucks. Huge tree down too blocking the main trail we use for buck recoveries with truck and atv.

2 of them better bucks are on 8/6 with a 4pt as well. 3 bucks in a row same time stamp.

76c9e92ac6addf0945b254da3adfeb51.jpg2a2b175d0b02a595b5ce6b247a56127f.jpgd0b84220a2a70bcdb50050bfb4f62a51.jpg25343cac5d080ce5a25cc05e0573e3e6.jpg839e657b4f3e6ac41a49a34f92ea21fb.jpgb98982edc4028d8e07fcbc45b2080c24.jpg8c06ebab4f77eefaca60107f6053fe23.jpgd2bbf94eb1640f6c8f211215fa464981.jpga0bba051b53c2003321bf3c3f47d9285.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

looks good .  Except the tree. Better break out the hot saw. 

yea need to think about what to do. buy a chainsaw to use once. But its a pretty big tree. the pics don't do it justice. or hope next time electric company comes on their UTV they cut it apart since they wont be able to get by either. OR HIRE A FORUM MEMBER TO DO IT AND FREE WOOD

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

yea need to think about what to do. buy a chainsaw to use once. But its a pretty big tree. the pics don't do it justice. or hope next time electric company comes on their UTV they cut it apart since they wont be able to get by either.

if its an access road try calling it in and maybe they will come out to cut it before winter? - just hopefully not a day your hunting there.    

if its an access road try calling it in and maybe they will come out to cut it before winter? - just hopefully not a day your hunting there.    

My trail cams usually show them in late August checking powerlines once per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

A chainsaw is a pretty handy thing to have, especially when you have a bit of land! Even if you only use it every great once in a while.

Yea I've felled and cut up small trees before, but my concern with this one is the size and how it's off the ground so high in some spots. not sure how it will react to cutting

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I've felled and cut up small trees before, but my concern with this one is the size and how it's off the ground so high in some spots. not sure how it will react to cutting

If you were just a bit closer, I'd run over and cut it up for you in short order. Kind of a drive though..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea... thats a big tree to learn on.  Papa Biz doesn't have a chainsaw???

Where's @wooly??  He could make that tree into something magnificent.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Yea... thats a big tree to learn on.  Papa Biz doesn't have a chainsaw???

Where's @wooly??  He could make that tree into something magnificent.

Nope. We always just borrowed a friend's when need be, which isn't often. 

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

That tree would be pretty easy to cut up Biz. Just start with limbing off the top, then cut in small sections to the butt.

I hear ya, just worried about those thick parts that are 3-4 feet off the ground. Will they simply just drop straight down?

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hear ya, just worried about those thick parts that are 3-4 feet off the ground. Will they simply just drop straight down?

Personal preference, but I'd leave the limbs on that one until you get a few chunks removed from elevated section of the trunk. That'll help prevent it from rolling when the log sections drop.

I'd start somewhere in the middle. Cut down from the top until you see your cut starting to close up.(pay close attention not to go too far) At that time you can pound a wedge in the top of the cut to keep it open or it'll pinch your bar.

Remove your saw and continue to connect your top cut from the bottom of the log. She'll slide right down like a drunk stripper on a greasy pole.:girldrunk::drinks:

• Like 4

Personal preference, but I'd leave the limbs on that one until you get a few chunks removed from elevated section of the trunk. That'll help prevent it from rolling when the log sections drop.
I'd start somewhere in the middle. Cut down from the top until you see your cut starting to close up.(pay close attention not to go too far) At that time you can pound a wedge in the top of the cut to keep it open or it'll pinch your bar.
Remove your saw and continue to connect your top cut from the bottom of the log. She'll slide right down like a drunk stripper on a greasy pole.:girldrunk::drinks:

Time for a name change to WooDy! It takes chainsaw and wood to bring this guy back!!!
Great to hear from you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I smell GTG...I need a spice reload too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free firewood, shoots some bows/xbows, etc.?

15 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Really depends honestly.

Putnam County, a few miles off the taconic. I'll text you!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bfahy13 said:

Ill come cut it if you still need the help.

Im prob going to be dropping my bow off at flying arrow this weekend.

I can throw the saw in the truck and give you a hand. 

Thanks for the offer. It appears we have someone, but if it falls through i'll be in touch.