2020 Season (Biz)

BizCT

Good luck in WNY, I’m sure you’ll see a lot of deer! 

2018 I saw 5 opening day in 9J. Last year I saw one. Both days were really cold and snow on ground. This year looks much warmer/dryer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snowed down that way last night and I think again tonight. It most likey won't be around Sat morning but those deer will be moving. I hunted Westfield last Friday and it was non stop action from 9-12.....I couldn't even leave the stand to head back to camp for a few minutes to regroup before the afternoon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Snowed down that way last night and I think again tonight. It most likey won't be around Sat morning but those deer will be moving. I hunted Westfield last Friday and it was non stop action from 9-12.....I couldn't even leave the stand to head back to camp for a few minutes to regroup before the afternoon.

Nice. Hope so!

11/18: 3S quick hunt in the wind and cold before work till 830am. No deer seen. But the 10pt was here Sunday after I left 1030am. Oh well. Also another buck came through. Still no does.

But here’s the interesting part. Above I said “the 10pt.” But now i realized it’s not the same 10pt! The head on pic I thought wow, he looks tighter than I remember. Sure enough the older pics show a much wider 10pt. While they are very similar, they have to be different bucks.

After I take my talents to 9J for rifle opener, I’ll keep trying with bow in this spot in November and December (season closes 12/31- bow only)

3d5d2dddde30b8a4b80617e5a99b8956.jpgaa4bc4862463231453f3835ec8939910.jpg80c8f419ce7b2b05301434b16ed7b53e.jpg93af958b6bc1f5ebf48f50600c531c29.jpg35bfc3394fcaa37d5b1448fe0edfceaf.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Yep 2 different bucks.   Nice. 

3 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

New player on the block! Teach him a lesson for trespassing.
Both quality bucks....wish ya luck on them.

it's bonkers. because there are two nice 8's as well, along with a nice 7pt too. I had 1 young 1.5 6pt on cam, but nothing smaller? maybe they are scared to come into this scrape because of the big boys? No does either.

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

it's bonkers. because there are two nice 8's as well, along with a nice 7pt too. I had 1 young 1.5 6pt on cam, but nothing smaller? maybe they are scared to come into this scrape because of the big boys? No does either.

Nice problem to have - only big bucks showing.   

Dad will regret not hunting today. The acorn flat is back! I guess I should have opened the scrape and pissed weeks ago. A broken half rack came through last night, but a nice buck came through this morning. Same exact route and scrape as my 8pt last year. That scrape is 16yds from the blind for the front shirt pocket!

dce50fc7271d0827128d89827f5c8a96.jpg41aea6c08282c75d31cb189218a40d2f.jpg06c1d53a737d24b388a518a2a1d60129.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like a lot of fighting going on there. 

Good point. I never had a pic of a broken buck 2012-2015 across several properties. Then dad bought land in 2016 and we get a broken buck on cam almost every year.

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Good point. I never had a pic of a broken buck 2012-2015 across several properties. Then dad bought land in 2016 and we get a broken buck on cam almost every year.

Might be worth an occasional rattle to see if you can bring one in. 

• Like 1

I saw zero deer Saturday and Sunday in 9J. Did see a red fox Sunday midday but 200-ish yards and moving. Had it in the scope but didn’t bother with the tough shot.

I’m Finally back home, but likely have covid (no symptoms yet). Staying in a vacant family condo for now to hopefully not infect my wife/baby. Not sure what the rest of week will be like for any hunting or not. Wife is pissed off obviously.

My dad hunted 3N and a coyote and bobcat Saturday, no shots. A spike Sunday and 5 deer today (couldn’t see heads).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2