Mexican Lasagna

2012_taco

Whats you opinion on the one going into the freezer? how well do you think it will hold up? I would think pretty good except maybe the tortilla shells. I am about to prepare at least 5 homemade meals that can be frozen for future use and this sounds like it could be a good addition. 

2 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

Muchas gracias!

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

buen provecho

my favorite spanish story - In spanish class a buddy of mine was talking the whole time and not paying attention in class at all..  so the teacher was going around the room and each person had to say - "Quien eres tu" and then the other person would answer , Me llamo es ..  So it came to him and he stammers and says "can i have some stew?"  - Teachers answer " your outa here! go to the office" in plain English !  lol  yeah he didnt pass spanish. 

now back to a good recipe.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Whats you opinion on the one going into the freezer? how well do you think it will hold up? I would think pretty good except maybe the tortilla shells. I am about to prepare at least 5 homemade meals that can be frozen for future use and this sounds like it could be a good addition. 

It will freeze fine, the tortilla shells get soft in the lasagna, kinda like lasagna noodles. Just have to defrost b4 cooking it. Although you can probably cook it frozen, I just don't now how long you would have to cook it to be sure it's heated through?

I do basically the same thing. When I'm using ground venison, I drain the fat real good and then mix in some 80% ground beef or a little bacon fat. I use corn tacos or corn chips in the dish. I go light on the cumin, as I am the only one at home that likes it. And I have chopped onion and fresh cilantro for garnish for those that like them.