Big Storm Coming!!!

Steve D

What an Idiot:crazy:

February 19, 2020

Albany, NY

Governor Cuomo Urges Caution as Winter Storm System is Expected to Create Difficult Driving Conditions Wednesday Evening and Thursday Morning

DEC Delivers - Keeping You Connected and Informed

Winter Storm System is Expected to Create Difficult Driving Conditions Wednesday Evening and Thursday Morning

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation sent this bulletin on 02/19/2020 05:22 PM EST
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
DEC Delivers - Information to keep you connected and informed from the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
Share or view as a web page || Update preferences or unsubscribe

Winter Storm System is Expected to Create Difficult Driving Conditions Wednesday Evening and Thursday Morning

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today urged New Yorkers to use caution while traveling tonight and tomorrow morning as a winter weather system is forecast to bring lake effect snow to areas south and southeast of Lake Ontario. The highest expected totals are forecast for southern Oswego County, Syracuse and the Utica/Rome area with totals up to 10 inches expected in some places, while portions of Central New York, the Finger Lakes and the Mohawk Valley may see 1 to 2 inches from this storm. New Yorkers are urged to exercise caution as driving conditions will be extremely difficult at times in these areas.

A Winter Storm Watch is currently in effect from this evening through Thursday afternoon for areas near Lake Ontario in the Central NY, Finger Lakes and Mohawk Valley regions, including Cayuga, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego and Wayne counties. The heaviest snow will fall overnight into Thursday morning, with snowfall rates exceeding 1 to 2 inches per hour at times. Travel will likely be very difficult, especially during this evening and the Thursday morning commute, with snow-covered roads and poor visibility expected.

The National Weather Service has already issued Winter Storm Watches. To view the complete listing of as well as access the latest forecasts, visit the National Weather Service website.

Awesome perhaps more of my neighbors will slide into my rock , got two so far this week . I removed the bigger rock  years ago , once it seemed they learned to slow the F down rounding the corner in the winter . The last one knocked this rock five feet ,I’m sure he got front end damage .

If they’d just knock on the door and tell me they dug up my yard , I’d be cool with it and not put out rocks . But no .so, game on .

5F4A57FC-3702-4676-AEDD-DD8F2B1F0069.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Nomad said:

Awesome perhaps more of my neighbors will slide into my rock , got two so far this week . I removed the bigger rock  years ago , once it seemed they learned to slow the F down rounding the corner in the winter . The last one knocked this rock five feet ,I’m sure he got front end damage .

If they’d just knock on the door and tell me they dug up my yard , I’d be cool with it and not put out rocks . But no .so, game on .

My parents did that years ago but with bolders they looked nice spaced out nice and even.  They did it because 2 people hit the house 2 ended up on their lawn in 3 years.   They had them up for years after that.  Well somehow there insurance company found out and said they had to move them all or make an effort to make it part of the landscape.  Insurance reasoning?  Because it showed intent to cause injury or property destruction to another individual.   So i dumped 1 bag of  mulch around each and insurance person said that was good enough.

7 hours ago, Nomad said:

seems like a dangerous game to me. Ever ask the town for a guide rail?

• Like 1

King Andy saved me terrible headache this morning. Thank God for his warning. My wife and I went to the store yesterday afternoon to stock up on essential supplies.   Staying in today. We're absolutely paralyzed by this weather. Be safe everyone.......

IMG_20200220_070407809.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/20/2020 at 4:20 AM, Swamp_bucks said:

My parents did that years ago but with bolders they looked nice spaced out nice and even.  They did it because 2 people hit the house 2 ended up on their lawn in 3 years.   They had them up for years after that.  Well somehow there insurance company found out and said they had to move them all or make an effort to make it part of the landscape.  Insurance reasoning?  Because it showed intent to cause injury or property destruction to another individual.   So i dumped 1 bag of  mulch around each and insurance person said that was good enough.

that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Freaking natures rocks are not ok, but should one put up a fence manmade fence that's ok.

this freaking world...

• Like 1