Democrats

Just now, squirrelwhisperer said:

Lee, so our politics are different. That's what made this country great to begin with. But what the Demo party is up to and what they stand for is diametrically opposed to how they started. 

Let me describe it like this:

A republican doesn't like a tv show, he changes the channel

A dumocrap doesn't like a tv show, he wants it banned, the network shut down and the producers to be jailed

I agree with your first point, but we're back to that whole stereotyping thing. I'm a Democrat, not a bit ashamed, though I have voted for Republicans (and even one Conservative candidate). I'm cool with changing the channel, trust me, I'm used to seeing past politics since 90% of my friends and family have differing views.

I know several other Democrats that fit that bill as well, and a few Republicans who fall into the banning and jailing category. In fact, I seem to remember a chant...."Lock Her Up!" wasn't that a thing. In the end, we've all got a little bit of black kettle in our DNA :)

1 minute ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I agree with your first point, but we're back to that whole stereotyping thing. I'm a Democrat, not a bit ashamed, though I have voted for Republicans (and even one Libertarian candidate). I'm cool with changing the channel, trust me, I'm used to seeing past politics since 90% of my friends and family have differing views.

I know several other Democrats that fit that bill as well, and a few Republicans who fall into the banning and jailing category. In fact, I seem to remember a chant...."Lock Her Up!" wasn't that a thing. In the end, we've all got a little bit of black kettle in our DNA :)

You are passionate about your beliefs. I respect that. But we will continue to disagree. Trump may not be a polished aristocratic president, he may even be a bit unrefined at times. He may not always keep his mouth shut when he probably should, but one thing he does and does well, is care about America and Americans. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

You are passionate about your beliefs. I respect that. But we will continue to disagree. Trump may not be a polished aristocratic president, he may even be a bit unrefined at times. He may not always keep his mouth shut when he probably should, but one thing he does and does well, is care about America and Americans. 

As are you, and like you said, nothing wrong with that, and it certainly is what makes this country great. Trump will not get a vote from me, which I'm sure keeps him up at night, however, caring about American and Americans is not owned by a single party, there are plenty of Democrats and Republicans who do, and a whole lot of them who are in it for themselves. 

1 minute ago, Splitear_Leland said:

As are you, and like you said, nothing wrong with that, and it certainly is what makes this country great. Trump will not get a vote from me, which I'm sure keeps him up at night, however, caring about American and Americans is not owned by a single party, there are plenty of Democrats and Republicans who do, and a whole lot of them who are in it for themselves. 

True. Our votes are not keeping him up at night. I almost completely agree with you statement about them being in it for themselves with exception to the number. I think it is much closer to 100% on both sides, which leads me to my point about why I like Trump. He is truly out to try to help our country, not himself. He already lead a very comfy Billionaire lifestyle before this. He didn't need it. Ok, he arguably did it for the fame. I'll give you that, but the man is trying to better this place for all of us, Democrats included. 

• Like 4

Just now, squirrelwhisperer said:

True. Our votes are not keeping him up at night. I almost completely agree with you statement about them being in it for themselves with exception to the number. I think it is much closer to 100% on both sides, which leads me to my point about why I like Trump. He is truly out to try to help our country, not himself. He already lead a very comfy Billionaire lifestyle before this. He didn't need it. Ok, he arguably did it for the fame. I'll give you that, but the man is trying to better this place for all of us, Democrats included. 

I think 100% is a little pessimistic, I think their are some really good people in government, people who genuinely want to do a good job for their constituents, but you're right, my number might be a little low :)

Your end point is where we take separate views, but it's not worth arguing over, we're not going to change each other's mind.

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards the Pete corner right now. He doesn't have a lot of particulars, but he's the most sensible middleish candidate. I'll have a hard time with Bernie, but I'm certainly not voting for Trump. 
Have you seen what he did for the Shithole known as South Bend? Not to mention he's a communist

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That was supposed to be an edit LOL. I realized that I wrote conservative rather than Libertarian  But hey, a little self-promotion never hurt anyone, especially since I'm so right all of the time
Who knew you could even quote yourself? That's pretty sweet!

• Haha 1

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Have you seen what he did for the Shithole known as South Bend? Not to mention he's a communist

I'm pretty sure the communist piece of your post is incorrect, unless there is a major piece to the puzzle that I've missed. From what I've read, it looks like he did a good job as mayor of a city that was really struggling, but I don't know enough to vouch for the accuracy of that, nor have I been to South Bend. 

3 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I think 100% is a little pessimistic, I think their are some really good people in government, people who genuinely want to do a good job for their constituents, but you're right, my number might be a little low :)

Your end point is where we take separate views, but it's not worth arguing over, we're not going to change each other's mind.

If I knew how I would insert the scene from Full Metal Jacket here where R Lee Ermy's character says, "I like you! Hell, I'd even let you F my sister!" lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That was supposed to be an edit LOL. I realized that I wrote conservative rather than Libertarian  But hey, a little self-promotion never hurt anyone, especially since I'm so right all of the time

Libertarian....one of my best friends (and probably the smartest person I know) turned libertarian. He just can’t wrap his head around why we only get to choose between 2 candidates as you mentioned before. With Pete begin the furthest from the extreme Dem candidate he may sneak in. His sexual orientation may be a hindrance however(shouldn’t be but mid America may not be ready)z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk