Democrats

I am very thankful for the current crop of Democratic candidates.   It is hard to imagine how Trump could not win another huge electoral blowout, since the entire field this year is weaker than Hillary was in 2016.   The only one who might even have an outside shot at a popular vote win is Bernie.    Thankfully we are a constitutional republic, not a true democracy, so there will be no worry of a "nail-biter" this year.    The best part for me will be the additional, conservative Supreme court justices that Trump will appoint over the next (4) years, and the end of the "Roe vs Wade" BS that has been going on in this country for so long.   

• Like 3

Oh Rattler, you always provide so much thoughtfulness and levity to a discussion

And he (maybe not Rattler himself since he seems well read at least with his own side) is the root of the problem...people “educating” themselves with memes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I don’t care who you are but if you vote for the Democratic Party after their absolutely discussing behavior over the past three years I got no interest in anything you have to say. It should be named “The Hate Party” and “We lost but instead of supporting the majority we will cry and do nothing Party.” Or “Losers all get Trophies Party”........

Carry on....

• Like 8

I'm leaning towards the Pete corner right now. He doesn't have a lot of particulars, but he's the most sensible middleish candidate. I'll have a hard time with Bernie, but I'm certainly not voting for Trump. 

I am a registered Democrat and tend to lean very left on nearly all social issues. I voted trump in 2016 because I think Hillary is an absolutely terrible human being.

The Democratic Party has left me behind, although I hate Party politics almost as much as organized religion if I had to choose a party today it would be libertarian.

That being said have you considered what will happen if Pete gets elected? How is he going to deal with any issues is the East or Middle East? You do realize most middle eastern countries still cut homosexuals head off in public right? How is he going to sit at a table with Hassan Rouhani trying to make peace deals? I’ll tell you how he won’t. They wouldn’t be in the same room with Pete let along work with him. I’m not saying I agree with their beliefs but the world is not nearly as far ahead “or behind depending on tour beliefs” as we are. One of the most important parts of the presidents job is foreign affairs and that would be made very difficult with Pete’s lifestyle.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I am a registered Democrat and tend to lean very left on nearly all social issues. I voted trump in 2016 because I think Hillary is an absolutely terrible human being.

The Democratic Party has left me behind, although I hate Party politics almost as much as organized religion if I had to choose a party today it would be libertarian.

That being said have you considered what will happen if Pete gets elected? How is he going to deal with any issues is the East or Middle East? You do realize most middle eastern countries still cut homosexuals head off in public right? How is he going to sit at a table with Hassan Rouhani trying to make peace deals? I’ll tell you how he won’t. They wouldn’t be in the same room with Pete let along work with him. I’m not saying I agree with their beliefs but the world is not nearly as far ahead “or behind depending on tour beliefs” as we are. One of the most important parts of the presidents job is foreign affairs and that would be made very difficult with Pete’s lifestyle.

First of all, I don't think Donald Trump holds a mighty beacon when it comes to Foreign Affairs. He's talked a good talk, but has delivered next to nothing on that front.

On the Pete thing, I guess I refuse to let the beliefs of others guide what is right and wrong. By your estimation, the only person who will have any success in Middle Eastern affairs will be a straight man. Therefore, we should forego any hope of electing a woman or a gay person. Also, the last I checked, straight men haven't had a lot of success in getting peace on the Middle East, Trump included. I see your point, but I think it is flawed since we should not let a foreign country dictate who can/should be the leader of ours...

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

I don’t care who you are but if you vote for the Democratic Party after their absolutely discussing behavior over the past three years I got no interest in anything you have to say. It should be named “The Hate Party” and “We lost but instead of supporting the majority we will cry and do nothing Party.” Or “Losers all get Trophies Party”........

Carry on....

I really don't get this, your point is flawed on many levels. First of all, it is incredibly un-American to suggest that our people should have to support anyone, it goes against the entire foundation of our country. Which leads to my next point, the Republicans fought Obama tooth and nail, which is fine, they have every right to, but it's a bit hypocritical to suggest one side can obstruct, but the other cannot. I mean, McConnell even took away a Supreme Court pick...

Next point, no one is going "against the majority". The majority of Americans did not vote for Donald Trump, to the tune of about 3 million. It's worth mentioning that the majority of Americans just plain didn't vote. However, we don't have a true Democracy in the US, and because of this, Donald Trump won 3 key states by less than 100,000 votes.

Additionally, as Trump likes to say "Elections have consequences" and in 2018 a large amount of Americans voted for Democrats who took the House of Representatives, knowing full well that they would likely hold the President accountable for his actions, I know I did. This also meant knowing that they had the power to Impeach him, which they did.

I'm a registered Democrat, and I don't have any intention to change that in the near future. If you would like to base your opinion of me purely on my political affiliation, by all means, you have every right to. However, I have known a good amount of decent Republicans, and a good amount of decent Democrats. Politics is such a miniscule thing that I just can't understand why anyone would disavow another countryman based on a political affiliation.

Now excuse me, I have an "Everyone gets a trophy party" to attend attend :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

He is truly out to try to help our country, not himself. He already lead a very comfy Billionaire lifestyle before this. He didn't need it. Ok, he arguably did it for the fame. 

This is where I'd tell you that my experience says this is not so.

I've worked for a fair amount of people who most would consider wealthy......chairman Nike NA, heir to John Deere fortune, CEO Phillip Morris, president Little Brown publishing, heir to PPG corp fortune......folks who land their private helicopter on the lawn to look at the progress on a house.

They all have a common instinct; to better their position financially.

We've gone round on a $500 legitimate  upcharge on a $4000 bill for a project that will cost $4 MILLION dollars. 

And this isn't some lackey or personal assistant making the call, they get right into it themselves.

And then they buy a $5000 toilet for the master bathroom.

Its the game, they don't care what a billion dollar buys; they know 1 billion and one dollar is more. And more is better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

And he (maybe not Rattler himself since he seems well read at least with his own side) is the root of the problem...people “educating” themselves with memes

Not to mention that this is one of the ways that Russia interfered in 2016, using fake social media accounts and troll farms to disseminate false and misleading information.

I just saw a story that National Intelligence officials have told Congress that Russia is already attempting to interfere in 2020, with one goal being to help Donald Trump.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/intelligence-officials-warned-lawmakers-that-russians-are-continuing-efforts-to-interfere-in-the-2020/

Remember back when there was a curtain outside of the Voting Booth ?  The curtain said in invisible ink " None of your Damn Business " !  Its wonderful to have a non - mud slinging political discussion but when it comes to how someone voted its " None of your Damn Business " ! And if a person wants to tell someone how they voted that's fine , the fact remains that we have to Answer to No One !   Just Sayin

First of all, I don't think Donald Trump holds a mighty beacon when it comes to Foreign Affairs. He's talked a good talk, but has delivered next to nothing on that front.
On the Pete thing, I guess I refuse to let the beliefs of others guide what is right and wrong. By your estimation, the only person who will have any success in Middle Eastern affairs will be a straight man. Therefore, we should forego any hope of electing a woman or a gay person. Also, the last I checked, straight men haven't had a lot of success in getting peace on the Middle East, Trump included. I see your point, but I think it is flawed since we should not let a foreign country dictate who can/should be the leader of ours...

I have never said the President is the best at foreign affairs, don’t know how that comment has anything to do with my previous post.

It has nothing to do with letting others beliefs guide right and wrong. But, you have to understand that the world is a big diverse place. Many Americans have zero idea how the rest of the world looks and lives. I’m far from a world traveler but I’ve spend almost 4 years in the Middle East between 4 deployments. As well as sturdied middle eastern culture and Islam in college. As President you have to be able to work with word leaders. I refuse to vote for someone that will be completely unable to even talk to approximately 25% of the worlds leaders. Foreign affairs is the most important part of the job as president. Aside from his lifestyle choices hurting his ability to be a president he’s also grossly under qualified to be president with basically zero experience. He’s been a flop as mayor in Southbend. We won’t agree on this and that’s no problem.

I’ll end with this, as a Democrat it’s absolutely disgusting that we’ve had 3 years to get ready for what many call the most important election in a long time and these are our options.

• Like 1

what bothers me most is how the democrats say all is so terrible and the US is a mess - really its far and above the best country in the world.  We do more for people across the world than anyone else.  Including protecting their rights and freedoms.  Yet the dems say how "we" are such terrible people and "we" are doing terrible things ....gloom and doom.  I am not a trump guy personally cant stand him, politically gotta love him.  The things he has done to better the county and then seeks to do more and be upbeat that things are and will be great as opposed to the Democratic asteroid that is about to hit the earth and the sky is falling.  Saw the perfect way to define trump - a doctor with a terrible bedside manner,  that smokes, is overweight, and calls you fat and says you need to lose weight - and you get mad at him cause hes a jerk....but damn it he is still right.

The scariest part to me is that there are a large amount of people that actually look at those candidates and think any one of them would be good for the country.  Cause one day from just the law of averages its bound to happen.  Ive never seen a worse group for anything in my lifetime.  They are an absolute mess. I wouldnt vote for any of them for a homeowners association.   And i actually feel sorry for dem voters to only have that for their party choice.  Just because i disagree politically doesnt mean i think dems are all bad people but wow it scares me that these are the dems choices to roll out there. There are also plenty of reps i have no use for, but that field to me is amazing that its not some kinda joke and in April the party says "just kidding" and comes out with someone else.  The best they could hope for is a electoral primary lock and then plug in an entirely different candidate. In my eyes they are a dead party with that kind of representation but what scares me is a lot of people think their ideas are worthy and socailism is an option.  I am hoping the party actual collects itself and gets better for 2024 somehow.  But how can you be a dem and not be embarrassed that Pilosi, Sanders and the like are your stars and AOC is your rising star. Unless Oprah comes flying out of a cannon onto the debate stage and gives everyone a free car, i think they are done for.  

I gave up on politics a long time ago since i live in NY and our electoral votes are going dem no matter what. And any Rep elected to state legs are lame ducks collecting a paycheck.  I envy states where Mike Lee and Rand Paul and the like represent but also am not tucking tail and leaving cause this is where i am from. 

I think 2020 is going to be a landslide. And even if trump was kicked out of office - this group would beat out Pence?  not a chance.  And good luck in 2024 when its a rep field of Pence, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley and the dems send out another sesame street character..... I just dont see anything they have to offer for the future.  "The Rock" for president in 2024!  oh wait he would prob be republican too. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I have never said the President is the best at foreign affairs, don’t know how that comment has anything to do with my previous post.

It has nothing to do with letting others beliefs guide right and wrong. But, you have to understand that the world is a big diverse place. Many Americans have zero idea how the rest of the world looks and lives. I’m far from a world traveler but I’ve spend almost 4 years in the Middle East between 4 deployments. As well as sturdied middle eastern culture and Islam in college. As President you have to be able to work with word leaders. I refuse to vote for someone that will be completely unable to even talk to approximately 25% of the worlds leaders. Foreign affairs is the most important part of the job as president. Aside from his lifestyle choices hurting his ability to be a president he’s also grossly under qualified to be president with basically zero experience. He’s been a flop as mayor in Southbend. We won’t agree on this and that’s no problem.

I’ll end with this, as a Democrat it’s absolutely disgusting that we’ve had 3 years to get ready for what many call the most important election in a long time and these are our options.

Thank you for your service, I'm sure all of us on here appreciate you for it, so really, thank you.

You're right, you never mentioned Trump once in your post, so it's my fault for making it sound like you did.

Again, I see your point, and I retract where I said it was flawed, it isn't, it's perfectly valid. However, we will continue to disagree since I stand by my opinion.

Edited by Splitear_Leland

Let me address this misconception for those who believe it:

I'm not educating myself with memes.  I'm attempting to educate you with memes.  Because it takes far too much time to type all of the info these memes convey. 

Any in depth explanation would not be considered by those who have an attention span of less than 5 minutes.  When I post a statement in a meme, I agree with the message it conveys.  Anyone that dismisses the message because it comes in meme form, rather than refute the message itself, is taking the coward's way out of the debate.

If you feel the message in the meme is incorrect or not factual, by all means have at it.  Otherwise you are simply attacking the messenger without refuting the message.  It may make you feel morally superior, but it doesn't trump the point made.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Not to mention that this is one of the ways that Russia interfered in 2016, using fake social media accounts and troll farms to disseminate false and misleading information.

I just saw a story that National Intelligence officials have told Congress that Russia is already attempting to interfere in 2020, with one goal being to help Donald Trump.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/intelligence-officials-warned-lawmakers-that-russians-are-continuing-efforts-to-interfere-in-the-2020/

Is the false and misleading information put out by Democrats, the DNC, Leftists, Progressives, gun control proponents and leftist special interest groups, also considered interference in our election?  It's a "buyer beware" scenario.  It is up to the voters to decide what is true and what isn't.  Mud slinging has been part of the American electoral process since the days of John Adams.

People who are convinced foreign influence was interfering in the 2016 election, never consider if it was also involved in interference supporting Hillary.  American elections affect the entire world.  Believing foreign nations do not do everything they can to sway these elections is simply naive.  But nobody's vote was ever forced, or physically influenced by anyone in any election to date.

As far as the recent stories you mentioned, unless the so called "Intelligence" officials are named and present themselves for public scrutiny, they should be given no credibility at all.  Unless they can be questioned, and their charges verified, why are they being aired?  We have seen this smear tactic employed from the day Trump first announced he was running for President.  It's all part of the Left's plan to claim Trump's re-election is invalid after the fact.  Desperate people employ desperate tactics when they know they have absolutely no chance of legitimately winning an upcoming election. 

BTW, anything CBS reports should always be considered propaganda, since they've been proven to employ that tactic many times in the past.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

This is where I'd tell you that my experience says this is not so.

I've worked for a fair amount of people who most would consider wealthy......chairman Nike NA, heir to John Deere fortune, CEO Phillip Morris, president Little Brown publishing, heir to PPG corp fortune......folks who land their private helicopter on the lawn to look at the progress on a house.

They all have a common instinct; to better their position financially.

We've gone round on a $500 legitimate  upcharge on a $4000 bill for a project that will cost $4 MILLION dollars. 

And this isn't some lackey or personal assistant making the call, they get right into it themselves.

And then they buy a $5000 toilet for the master bathroom.

Its the game, they don't care what a billion dollar buys; they know 1 billion and one dollar is more. And more is better.

This is all quite possibly true of many wealthy people, but it falls flat regarding Trump and his Presidency, because being President has COST him millions, if not billions.  The man is not getting richer being in office.  He's there because he is aware of the danger leftist Progressive Marxist Democrats pose to the nation and found himself in a position to stop them.  

The way he is addressing activist judges in the courts at the state, federal, district and Supreme Court levels, is enough proof he respects the Constitution and the Rule of Law, which the past few Presidents have not.  It's proof he wants to prevent the destruction of America as we have known it at the hands of people who wish to "fundamentally change" it into something they have never explained in advance.  Doesn't anyone else wonder why our mass media never asked exactly what the leftists planned to change?  How is it nobody had any concerns about what would be changed?

America dodged a lethal bullet when Trump was elected.  It is amazing more than half the citizens of this land are too ignorant to see it.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 5