Democrats

Let me address this misconception for those who believe it:
And he (maybe not Rattler himself since he seems well read at least with his own side) is the root of the problem...people “educating” themselves with memes
I'm not educating myself with memes.  I'm attempting to educate you with memes.  Because it takes far too much time to type all of the info these memes convey. 
Any in depth explanation would not be considered by those who have an attention span of less than 5 minutes.  When I post a statement in a meme, I agree with the message it conveys.  Anyone that dismisses the message because it comes in meme form, rather than refute the message itself, is taking the coward's way out of the debate.
If you feel the message in the meme is incorrect or not factual, by all means have at it.  Otherwise you are simply attacking the messenger without refuting the message.  It may make you feel morally superior, but it doesn't trump the point made.

Pretty sure I mentioned how well read YOU are with your understanding and views and I agree that YOUR memes have a targeted message said quickly. However, all memes are seen as equal to MOST people. The main message is gleaned whether true or false and the unsuspecting (or uneducated) move on with that “truth.” Fake News is real in politics from the dawn of time-as is foreign power interference/influence.

My issue is I truly do not know where to get my news from. I read the Post for fun cuz it’s funny! I watch local news cuz I like to see “kids rescued from wells” and well that’s about it since any of the political news channels are too one-sided.
One America News “seems” better (I like the constitutional focus) but still feel they finger point at people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is also a touch naive to think being President will cost Trump millions IN THE LONG RUN. He, like any investor, knows he is paying now to profit greatly in the future. Has there ever been a modern president who didn’t take a pay cut to do the job and then do quite well financially when done?

17 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I was happy to see that Bloomberg got shut down last night. A Billionaire who thought he could buy his way to the Presidency. I guess it's happened before though.

Thats disingenuous at best, Trump started the process at the beginning last election just like every other candidate

"The 2016 presidential campaign of Donald Trump was formally launched on June 16, 2015, at Trump Tower in New York City. Trump was the Republican nominee for President of the United States in the 2016 election, having won the most state primaries, caucuses, and delegates at the 2016 Republican National Convention"

10 minutes ago, Rattler said:

You would think the Russians would be supporting a fellow Communist in America, like Bernie Sanders.  Or, at the very least, a leftist like Hillary.  Why would they support an American patriot that despises communism?  

Yeah, Trump is supposed to be so anti-communist yet he would sooner pal around and give accolades to Putin than he would to a leader of one of our allies.  Go figure that one out?  Trump throughout his life preferred to pal around with the dirty tricksters (i.e Roger Stone) and then he is supposed to be the one to drain the swamp?  That's laughable.  The folks he likes to deal with and pardons are as bad as any he wants to drain from the swamp.

If you’ve never seen the video of when Trump was on Oprah in 1998, watch it. I’ve never seen any other politician call out people the way that he does. This man loves this country more than anyone else in politics. Before he decided to run, everyone wanted to be his friend. Including most Democrats. Bloomberg, Chuckie, The Clinton’s, just to name a few. Then he came down the escalator and the Democrats panicked. You know why? Because they knew that he has balls and he’ll call a spade a spade. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Has there ever been a modern president who didn’t take a pay cut to do the job and then do quite well financially when done?

Obama went up in pay with every elected position he got.  Add to that the book deals and speaking fees and we can see why he had a net worth of less than 1/2 million when elected and over 40 million now.

George Bush Jr. also lost nothing when he became POTUS.

4 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Obama went up in pay with every elected position he got.  Add to that the book deals and speaking fees and we can see why he had a net worth of less than 1/2 million when elected and over 40 million now.

George Bush Jr. also lost nothing when he became POTUS.

That’s part of the reason that politicians kiss everyone’s ass while in office. So they can get a big payday when they get out. I don’t see many people willing to pay Trump millions to give speeches or book deals when he’s done. And if they do, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he donates those fees to charities or causes that he supports. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NonTypical said:

That’s part of the reason that politicians kiss everyone’s ass while in office. So they can get a big payday when they get out. I don’t see many people willing to pay Trump millions to give speeches or book deals when he’s done. And if they do, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he donates those fees to charities or causes that he supports. 

Look at his rallies, he will make as many paid speeches and write as many books as he wants

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Look at his rallies, he will make as many paid speeches and write as many books as he wants

He doesn't get paid for those rallies and he doesn't have a desire to make a living as a talking head that produces nothing, or a story teller that spews propaganda.  He wrote "The Art of the Deal" and it sold well.  It's also considered a business milestone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

Let me address this misconception for those who believe it:

And he (maybe not Rattler himself since he seems well read at least with his own side) is the root of the problem...people “educating” themselves with memes

I'm not educating myself with memes.  I'm attempting to educate you with memes.  Because it takes far too much time to type all of the info these memes convey. 

Any in depth explanation would not be considered by those who have an attention span of less than 5 minutes.  When I post a statement in a meme, I agree with the message it conveys.  Anyone that dismisses the message because it comes in meme form, rather than refute the message itself, is taking the coward's way out of the debate.

If you feel the message in the meme is incorrect or not factual, by all means have at it.  Otherwise you are simply attacking the messenger without refuting the message.  It may make you feel morally superior, but it doesn't trump the point made.

Memes are an easy way to share someone else's ideas when you are to lazy to come up with your own. 

Edited by Splitear_Leland

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You’re right. I meant to imply paid speeches from the establishment. He didn’t get involved for the money. He did because he loves this country.

I think that the only reason that Bloomberg, who was a Republican, got into it was for a power trip. He figured that if Trump could do it, so could he. But he’s an idiot. Trump once said, either you have it or you don’t. Bloomberg doesn’t have it. 

Edited by NonTypical

3 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

You’re right. I meant to imply paid speeches from the establishment. He didn’t get involved for the money. He did because he loves this country. i think that the only reason that Bloomberg, who was a Republican, got into it was for a power trip. He figured that if Trump could do it, so could he. But he’s an idiot. Trump once said, either you have it or you don’t. Bloomberg doesn’t have it. 

Im glad Trump won but I think he 99.5% also did it for the power trip

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rattler said:

He doesn't get paid for those rallies and he doesn't have a desire to make a living as a talking head that produces nothing, or a story teller that spews propaganda.  He wrote "The Art of the Deal" and it sold well.  It's also considered a business milestone.

My point was theres a massive market for paid speeches for him if he wants to do that after his term

1 minute ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Memes are an easy way to share someone else's ideas when you are to lazy to come up with your own. 

Nothing wrong with promoting other's ideas that you concur with, when opposing someone else's own ideas that are obviously flawed.

Very few people have ever had an original idea that has been accepted by most others.

When someone doesn't know the truth, that doesn't make them ignorant.  Not wanting to know the truth is what makes them ignorant.

My point was theres a massive market for paid speeches for him if he wants to do that after his term

Somehow, I do not believe that is what Trump plans to do later in life.  That's what politicians do when out of office.  Trump is not a politician.  He will continue to show us how to do it, not tell us how to do it.

• Like 2

Im glad Trump won but I think he 99.5% also did it for the power trip

Maybe. Maybe not. If you watch the video from ‘88, he was pissed about how this country was being taken advantage of. If it was a power trip, he would’ve run sooner. He waited for 28 years for someone to right the ship. After the horrible 8 years of Obama he finally made the decision to run. 

• Like 2

my political views probably differ from many on here however I can’t see how anyone that loves this country could even consider voting for anyone that was on that stage the other night. Not on a personal level either just based on ideas. There’s not one of them that I feel has an agenda that will better this country! Although I’m more of a trump supporter today than I was in 2016 when I voted for him he still has many shortcomings but I honestly feel that he has the better of the country in mind with most things he does. And to top it off he’s entertaining as hell!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rattler said:

When someone doesn't know the truth, that doesn't make them ignorant.  Not wanting to know the truth is what makes them ignorant.

Wrong, not knowing something is literally the definition of ignorance.

Not wanting to know the truth is at best stubborn, and at worst stupid.

Degrading truth and replacing it with falsities is dangerous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

Yeah, Trump is supposed to be so anti-communist yet he would sooner pal around and give accolades to Putin than he would to a leader of one of our allies.  Go figure that one out?  Trump throughout his life preferred to pal around with the dirty tricksters (i.e Roger Stone) and then he is supposed to be the one to drain the swamp?  That's laughable.  The folks he likes to deal with and pardons are as bad as any he wants to drain from the swamp.

Lets be honest. those world leader alias mock and despise him. It's like having someone on the same sports team as you who spits in your face and hits on your gf. Yeah you're on the same side, but who wants to spend time working with someone like that? Meanwhile you have a buddy who likes to hunt and fish with you but plays on the other team. Maybe sometimes this buddy gets you into trouble, but you both think the same regardless of some differences in opinions. 

8 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Wrong, not knowing something is literally the definition of ignorance.

Something?  The word used was "Truth".   

If one has adopted beliefs based on lies, they are not ignorant.  They're misinformed.  Once the truth is evident, if they refuse to believe it, then they are ignorant.

If something I post seems, in your opinion to be untrue, I relish a challenge to defend my position.  Change my mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

Lets be honest. those world leader alias mock and despise him. 

Because he has exposed their incompetence and corruption.  They are employing a defensive mechanism designed to deflect attention from themselves.  They say they are on the same side, but their actions don't support their words.

9 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Something?  The word used was "Truth".   

If one has adopted beliefs based on lies, they are not ignorant.  They're misinformed.  Once the truth is evident, if they refuse to believe it, then they are ignorant.

If something I post seems, in your opinion to be untrue, I relish a challenge to defend my position.  Change my mind.

Fine, Rattler, we'll start simple, please provide a factual defense of your definition of the word "ignorance". Something from Webster's would be fine.

I really don't want to argue with you, because you are so staunch, even when you are demonstrably wrong, it's an exercise in futility. Samuel Clemens had a great saying about folks of your Ilk, but I'm sure you can make up a Mark Twain quote of your own, or at least find a meme where someone else made one up.

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

I'd be curious to know what your definition of "pal around" is. How many minutes has Trump spend in live or phone conversation with Putin? What did he give Putin accolades about?