Chronograph

Nytracker

Chronograph   is a tool I dont have . I have looked at a few but dont know which to buy.   I have no experience  with any I would like to be around $300.  I will be working handgun and  rifle loads. Would at least like to be able to record strings as average and spread. There are so many different models to choose from. What chronos are you guys using.  Would you buy the same again ?

Chronograph   is a tool I dont have . I have looked at a few but dont know which to buy.   I have no experience  with any I would like to be around $300.  I will be working handgun and  rifle loads. Would at least like to be able to record strings as average and spread. There are so many different models to choose from. What chronos are you guys using.  Would you buy the same again ?
I've got what you need. Hold please

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have had a pro chrono for a number of years, and like it. It seems very consistent, but mine is at least 15 years old now, and requires a communication cord from the shooting bench control to the tower. It certainly would be an improvement and worthwhile if someone makes a cordless version. It is a great tool for really knowing what your loads do...it can be very eye opening.

I started out with a Pact Chrono about thirty years ago and it has worked fine for me, may be a little outdated because it is a corded type which has an advantage if a stray shot occurs hitting the equipment, all that will have to be replaced is the sky screen and not the whole unit. The sky screens are mounted on a rail that is placed on a tripod and the cords are plugged into the actual chrono away from the sky screens.

Pact is still producing a similar model today which I am sure is updated from my old model, below is a photo of the current Pact.2020-02-21_094724.png.51ef1ab166226f0dbadb083c0f9297dc.png

I also have a newer Pro Chrono digital, I have not used it a whole lot yet but it has been working good so far.  I just got the digital link accessory that pairs up wireless  with a smart phone, tablet or computer and will display the data on screen. I have not used this accessory yet so how well it works is still up in the air. All and all the pro chrono is easier and quicker to set up that the Pact.

Below is a photo of someone who was not careful with shot placement and drilled his chrono ruining it.

2020-02-21_094039.png

Edited by airedale

• 2 weeks later...

I am on my second competition electronics pro chrono, the first one died on the 3rd time it was tipped over. They both have worked well for arrow speed  and testing my handgun and rifle loads. 

Edited by rob-c