Recommendations for a Harness

Deleted Account

I'll be in the market for a new tree harness soon, and am looking for recommendations. I plan on using a climber, and all I ever used was the old one that came with the Summit climbers 10 years ago or so. That one never made the move from Illinois, so I'm looking for a replacement, I'm sure there are better/easier to use harnesses out there. Any recommendations?

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Okay, dumb question, but how does this compare to a harness with shoulder straps that attaches up higher. I can just see myself hanging upside down in that thing :)

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Okay, dumb questions, but how does this compare to a harness with shoulder straps that attaches up higher. I can just see myself hanging upside down in that thing :)

You wont hang upside down in  RC harness. I'll never go back to an over the shoulder harness for sitting in a stand. I might buy the muddy harness that has the belay loops on the hips for a linesman belt when hanging new sets. 

Okay, dumb question, but how does this compare to a harness with shoulder straps that attaches up higher. I can just see myself hanging upside down in that thing

It doesn’t have them, and you won’t fall upside down. You’ll end up facing the tree. And you can use your pockets, your hood, change layers etc. you will never go back to a vest or harness. You may miss having rain run down your tether and into your underpants, I’m not sure what you’re into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

It doesn’t have them, and you won’t fall upside down. You’ll end up facing the tree. And you can use your pockets, your hood, change layers etc. you will never go back to a vest or harness. You may miss having rain run down your tether and into your underpants, I’m not sure what you’re into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the advice, I think this makes up my mind :)

• Like 1