Car accident , guess the damage amount !

Nomad

2017 corolla se . Front and rear bumper covers, front grill , trunk lid with camera , one rear taillight , couple other cameras that tie into computer, for automatic braking . She was in left turn lane, slowing for turn , suv abruptly cut in front of her and slammed on the brakes, then fled the scene , car behind her hit her .

Before and after pictures.

B2563804-562F-4F88-AB3E-6053D39C12B2.png

660EB828-54B8-49CB-9AB1-76A728836A95.jpeg

2359ED9A-AA77-4B6B-824D-3C2AD9A92348.jpeg

A2FF1E14-9D39-4868-BED9-377D11F259BA.jpeg

7F4DF514-5D9F-42E0-9089-39933106DA88.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

$4800.   But could be a wide range.  Have seen adjusters want to total vehicles with one door and panel dented in because the whole panel is also attached to the roof.  Which brought the repairs to 9K.  Cars are totaled so easily these days esp if you have to add in any airbags as well.  A stock radio these days is $900 cause of all the tech attached to it. Vehs are built to be thrown away instead of repaired.  Some rear view cameras will be $1000 because after one year the tech is already passed by and no one is making them.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

11 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Wait so she hit the car in front right? Then she herself was rear-ended

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Correct . Insurance is going after the driver that hit her from behind, and not finding her liable  for hitting the front car, due to her and driver behind her both giving statements  that the suv abruptly cut in front of her without signaling and locked up brakes, then fled the scene .

Plus the hospitals cameras caught part of it .

This could be better then what does this buck score !

The Mrs and I don’t get in accidents ,nor our kids really ,let’s just say I was shocked .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

The Mrs and I don’t get in accidents ,nor our kids really ,let’s just say I was shocked .

Why were you so shocked?  Just because you haven't gotten into accidents don't mean they can't happen no matter how safely we drive.  With all the cars on the road these days and with all the reckless drivers, either incompetent, drunk, high or texting while they're driving chances are good something might happen sooner or later.

i would say no more than $5K in damages and no way that car should get totaled.

10 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Why were you so shocked?  Just because you haven't gotten into accidents don't mean they can't happen no matter how safely we drive.  With all the cars on the road these days and with all the reckless drivers, either incompetent, drunk, high or texting while they're driving chances are good something might happen sooner or later.

i would say no more than $5K in damages and no way that car should get totaled.

Shocked at the cost of the repairs, as we’ve not had any of our cars in a bodyshop for quite a number of years .

I m aware of mva’s and there causes as I’ve responded to, over 1,000 of them, figure if just one a week ( low number ) times 28 years , last 14 years my Truck covered parts of two expressways . I’d like to say I’ve seen it all, but they keep coming up with new ones .

ya not anywhere near totaled .

Edited by Nomad

8 Grand !  My thought was $4,500 or so ,but I haven’t had a car in a body shop in many years . Cameras and sensors are pricey , distance sensor was $800 , $200 to “ aim “ it, rt head lamp assembly $800,  lf head lamp assembly another  $800 , trunk lid $477 ,trunk lock assembly w/key smart $234. Sh!t the bumper covers are only $200 , it’s the sensors and electric do dads that add up . 

$100 for the letters to spell Corolla SE and an emblem lol. Hell I take them off my cars .

FWIW, local dealers are asking 14-15 k for that year ,make , model . 

looks like Moho 81 wins ( no,price is right rules ) .

• Like 1