New Brunswick Bear Hunting

Yeeehaw! I get the first post here!

we just got back from New Brunswick last week from a bear hunt with Lindsays Sporting Camps. This is the 2nd year for me there, although my wifes family has been going there for 30 years. This was my third hunt for spring bear. I have found it a great spring tide me over until the fall. It is mainly relaxing or fishing during the day, heading out to the stands around 3. We like the meat, and surprise alot of folks serving it at summer get togethers- everyone looks for more.

Last week everyone saw bears with six taken for 7 hunters. I got my best bear so far, a nice 4 -5 year old boar shot the last night out with my single shot Browning 45-70. Due to the early onset of warm weather, the bears were rutting early. Even if you werent seeing bears, you could hear them grunting, snuffling and dominance smacking the brush. I was pleased with my bear this year, but there are alot more bigger and prettier ones out there, so I guess I am going back next year.

DaveandbearLindsays2010.jpg[/img]Here is a pic of my bear from Lindsays this year. He wandered in at exactly last legal light (9:33). He wasnt the biggest (or the smallest) bear taken, but he was mine! A beautiful 300+ sow was shot the same evening as mine by a bow hunter.

post-34-131455289483_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...