Major league fishing in ny

Robhuntandfish

Major league fishing is on the outdoor channel at 2 pm on sat .  They are staying in Syracuse and fishing Henderson harbor for the next round.  They can go from Henderson to Black River bay.  The neat part for me is I used to fish Black River bay a bunch. And recognized places a couple of them were fishing. Im talking to the TV saying "go to the right up the bank about 300 yards, your in the wrong spot!"  Lol

Cutoff line was 28lbs last weekend to qualify for the next round. I can promise i would make the cut there.  Never been there and not tear up the bass. Had DEC come over to our boat before cause we were catching them left and right. They only came to us with 15 other boats in the area.  Lol. 

The tourney is a different format. They stay in a hotel and they aren't told where they are fishing. They get a be ready time of like 5 am. Then they ride with someone out to launch and then they get a map and a half hour to look around, then the tourney starts.  Drop a fish in the boat and you get a 2 min penalty box and can't fish.  And staying in Syracuse it could be Ontario, Oneida, Onondaga, etc.. they had no idea. 

Just thought it was interesting to see places I know very well.  Winner last week had 71 pounds ....that I don't think I could hang with that. But 30 pounds for the cut line for sure. Every bass over a pound is scoreable. 

• Like 2

This is a cool format Rob. As the fish is released right where it was caught after weighing. And the anglers have real time updates, as to what the other competitor's are doing.

Come on.....let's get some sponsorship for ya, and get you out there this year! I know you'd hold your own against the pro's, on your home water!

And you already have a shiny new boat too!!!!

• Like 1