Rubber boots recommendation

crappyice

My Bushnells keep losing their soles after about 4 seasons of intermittent wear. They get most of their wear during shed hunting to be honest.

Looking for your go to rubber boot - preferably from Cabelas as I have some gift cards to burn. Anything half way decent for under $99.95!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I’ve had great luck with Lacrosse Alpha Burlys, they’ve lasted me years and years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You also have an eight foot stride walking at normal pace. So for us normal folk who encounter more steps per mile we lose out per your testimony. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DDT said:

Muck Woody Max. Wear mine all day. Walking or sitting always comfortable. Buy 1 size larger than you wear regularly. Wear a thick sock. When it's really cold I add a pair of little hotties thermal insoles. 

My Muck Woody Max are absolutely the best pair of boots I have ever had...I wear them for everything, year round, from spring turkey hunting to deer hunting to ice fishing and daily use around the house and property...I've had them for five years and they are still watertight and keeping my feet warm, although they are definitely showing signs of wear...

I don't know if the Mucks under new management will be as good as the old ones....

The farm supply store just down the street is selling it's remainder of Mucks and going to the Dryshod… I'll probably pick up a pair this spring and hope they are half as good as my old ones..

• Like 2

On my third pair of Mucks, pair #2 got  holes in the neoprene, worked ok moving fast through water, but  if standing in it , you’d notice water coming in . That pair got reassigned to snow blowing and yard work , now the sole is coming off . 

id like to see them make a pair with some sort of collars   that you could pull up  for additional height when needed for those of us that cross ditches and creeks that at times are too high for normal Mucks . Like your hip boots folded down for normal walking and low water ,pull up,for higher water .

Ill most likely stick with Mucks but I’m open to, trying others .

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nomad said:

On my third pair of Mucks, pair #2 got  holes in the neoprene, worked ok moving fast through water, but  if standing in it , you’d notice water coming in . That pair got reassigned to snow blowing and yard work , now the sole is coming off . 

id like to see them make a pair with some sort of collars   that you could pull up  for additional height when needed for those of us that cross ditches and creeks that at times are too high for normal Mucks . Like your hip boots folded down for normal walking and low water ,pull up,for higher water .

Ill most likely stick with Mucks but I’m open to, trying others .

Chota hippies are lightweight roll down hip high stocking foot wader /gaiters for this.

I use regular hiking boot with them and they have served me well when doing multiple caribou trips and any shore fishing. Warm and dry, and rolled down so they don't get hot when covering dry ground. 

Good for rain and walking in wet fields too.

I can't get any of the rubber/neoprene style boots to fit, so not an option for me. 

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Thanks 1

I like the uninsulated Burlys for the money myself, but think the mucks have better soles and support. I think with average use 4-6 years is about what I expect out of most any boot nowadays. I did try a pair of the Cabelas 2000 g insulated boots which were comfortable and warm, but came apart at the seams after a few seasons. 

Dryshod. They are def a step up from muck.

I have 2 pairs of mucks and 1 is pushing 10 years of abuse. The other is at least 5 years old. Both still performing like new.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

How does their size run?
Do you get them a full size up or your actual shoe size?

I have muck chore (low cut) I use on the boat and in general snow/rain wear. Muck artic pro for hunting. Warm, dry and up high. They are both a few years old and in great shape. I did not know about the Dryshod. Thanks @moog5050 I will check them out when its time for a new pair, but that may be a while. 

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

How does their size run?
Do you get them a full size up or your actual shoe size?

For any outdoor, or colder weather boot, the last thing you want is tight fitting boots. I've found it best to have a bit of room for toes to move around, and not be too restricted. So depending on the boot, I go up one size, sometimes two. That gives me room for a thick pair of wool socks, and still not be too tight. Wool, or wool blend socks are cushioning for warmer weather, and insulating for colder. This seems to work for me.

I think my Mucks are one size up, and fit well. I'd assume the Dryshod boots will have a similar fit to the Mucks? Will definitely try a pair of those next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hock3y24 said:

Check out dryshod, created of muck left the company and founded it. There better and a bit cheaper.mine run the same as normal size.

I can usually find mucks for huge discounts in January.  I have not seen that with dryshod, but maybe I missed them. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 9:23 AM, moog5050 said:

I can usually find mucks for huge discounts in January.  I have not seen that with dryshod, but maybe I missed them. 

My local mom and pop shop clears them out each year after hunting season buy may be an isolated event. I agree muck does have pretty good sales

On 3/4/2020 at 6:50 AM, left field said:

Muck Boot Woody Sport All-Terrain Hunting Boot on sale today at camofire. $189 > $89.

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/40

Irish Setter Rutmaster 2.0 800G. $179 > $89.

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/72

Arctic Shield. $149 > $69.

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/65

Gone thru 2 pairs of ruttmasters in 2 seasons, they all rip at the “reinforced” neoprene just above the heal.

Im gonna check out the mucks and dryshods, maybe the burly

Good thread!

Edited by OtiscoPaul