Peloton Bike

Deleted Account

I have been using an Assault Air bike for the last five years, it is an upgraded version of the old Schwinn Airdyne. They use a fan for resistance and it does a good job of exercising the whole body not just the legs like a stationary bike and I guarantee it will wear you out if you want it to. I do 30 minutes of varying speeds on it every day, and while it does not have a fancy screen and ride programs like some of those high end stationary bikes I have it sitting in my living room in front of the big screen TV which makes my rides more enjoyable. It keeps my 71 year old carcass in relatively decent shape.

Al 

2020-02-25_162820.png

• Like 1

Years ago I dropped 120 pounds in two years. One of the exercises I used was a stationary bike and I actually bought videos of trail walks to watch. I was ahead of my time. Lol

But in the winter it was nice to do.  Trails in Hawaii and rainforests or pine forests.  They were about 45 min long and I would plan to workout for the entire time on the bike for the trail video then do other exercises after. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Zag said:

Pacillos fitness (not sure if spelled right) advertised a cheaper bike they sell for way less, buy a flat screen and just subscribe to pelotons service.

To me it seems very costly.

That is similar to what I do.  There is no need to dump lots of cash to gain the same effect.  I bought a used stationary bike (Life Fitness Life Cycle 3500) for $ 10 at a garage sale about  6 years ago.   It has  an electronic adjustment for various resistance levels.  I always use it on the "random" setting, with the resistance on the maximum setting (12).    I do that for 20 minutes, 3 nights per week.   After (6) years of that, it has yet to give me any trouble.  For simultaneous "entertainment", I have a large flat-screen TV, VCR and DVD player.   I prefer the VCR tapes and they can usually be had for free or nearly so.   I am just starting "Roots" now (my wife picked up the 6 tape set for $ 1 at the local thrift store).   I also have it on DVD but I definitely prefer the VCR tapes.               

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

My wife is really interested in getting a Peloton Bike. It seem's like a lot of money to me, but if it's something she'll use and be happy with, I'm not going to argue over it. Does anyone have a Peloton, and if so, how do you feel about your purchase?

If she [thinks she] really wants it, and it will make her happy, well . . . do what ya gotta do. But if she is just interested in an exercise bike with those features, the Pacillos alternative is worth exploring.

I do wonder if there is/when there will be a used market for Pelotons. Or a lease option. Like all exercise equipment purchased at the beginning of the year, some are destined to become expensive coat hangers.

• Like 1

I got the pelaton treadmill and it is no joke...  only treadmill i have been on nicer is the techno gym which is almost 15k compared to the pelaton which is 4k.... Zero financing for like 2 years...   I am not into the bike but know alot of people that have it and said it is well worth the price.....

My wife went ahead and took the plunge, and the bike gets delivered tomorrow. I haven't heard a bad word about it from anyone, even people who say that it's expensive (it is) say it's totally worth it. We had a gym membership that hasn't been getting used much since our daughter came along a year ago, and we'll end up paying about as much a month for the bike (free financing) and app as we were for the gym membership. I figure if we use it, then it's worth it. Thanks for the input everyone!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, The Jerkman said:

That is caused by banging dirty dudes in the poop chute not from an exercise bike

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Actually the Urologist first impression was testicular cancer because of the dull ache, which is why i went in right away. But then he assumed it was an STD, until my blood, piss, and ultrasound results proved otherwise. Riding the train for a weeks was brutal. every bump was felt in my nuts.

35 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

My wife went ahead and took the plunge, and the bike gets delivered tomorrow. I haven't heard a bad word about it from anyone, even people who say that it's expensive (it is) say it's totally worth it. We had a gym membership that hasn't been getting used much since our daughter came along a year ago, and we'll end up paying about as much a month for the bike (free financing) and app as we were for the gym membership. I figure if we use it, then it's worth it. Thanks for the input everyone!

Didn't see you bought it.  Enjoy!