WNY and Tug Hill

Robhuntandfish

Stock up on beers folks.  - Blizzard warnings for Buffalo and Tug hill areas.  First big lake effect of the year it seems.  They are saying 5-9 inches around my house.  But 1/2 hr north 2-4 feet,  2" per hour snowfall and 40-45mph winds. Yikes  - Stay safe folks https://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/alert-lake-effect-snow-warnings-issued-ahead-of-long-duration-snow-event/

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

Yikes!!!  Batten down the hatches fella's!

Here in the Capital District, except for a big storm back in November. We have been pretty lucky this year, with no BIG snow storms. 

Still.... March can be brutal here sometimes.

Ya, pretty tame this yr. Only plowed 3 times.  

Really hope we don't get hammered in March.  

2-3 feet definitely doesn't sound like fun.  

• Like 1

our local news (the late great Post Standard) has no other news of their own, depends on the weather service and police blotters. A snow storm gives them something. Here in Constantia up to 24'' but I don't expect anything like that. At my camp in Lorraine, max. amt up to 36'' or more. I was just up there a few days ago to check on things, and was optimistic of going up for a w/e in a couple weeks. probably not now.  Luckily it has been a very mild winter so far, and the deer are doing very well.

Edited by Daveboone
correction.
  • Like 1

Just had close to a three hour drive from the southern tier up through central ny. Cars in ditches, 4 multicar accidents, yet only 2 inches of blowing snow. 

Why so bad with only two inches? NOT A %$#*&#$@'N PLOW SEEN UNTIL 90% OF THE RIDE WAS COMPLETE! And no salt on the roads.

Where are they? Getting ready for the weekend?

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Just had close to a three hour drive from the southern tier up through central ny. Cars in ditches, 4 multicar accidents, yet only 2 inches of blowing snow. 

Why so bad with only two inches? NOT A %$#*&#$@'N PLOW SEEN UNTIL 90% OF THE RIDE WAS COMPLETE! And no salt on the roads.

Where are they? Getting ready for the weekend?

good luck Jerry , be safe . hopefully you dont have to go too far North. Image result for welcome to the party pal gif

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Not real bad in my part of WNY drove into work from Alden to Williamsville and it took the same amount of time as normal. Probably only 2 inches of snow on the ground and the wind isn't real bad but they say that the wind will pick up as the day goes on. No way do I see the snow totals even coming close to what they predicted.