Anyone Hear About This???

Steve D

Apparently deer leg  tendons can bring good money in China , seems like a stretch though I could get hundreds,of legs from my processor for free .

What is that from ? I looked on Wham 13 FB and web page couldn’t find it .

Edited by Nomad

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

What is that from ? I looked on Wham 13 FB and web page couldn’t find it .

My wife pulled it off a facebook page today . I don't do facebook.  It came off a bloomfield community page. Looking at the map it looks like it could be in Mendon Ponds park and the picture looks like the terrain you would see there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve D said:

My wife pulled it off a facebook page today . I don't do facebook.  It came off a bloomfield community page. Looking at the map it looks like it could be in Mendon Ponds park and the picture looks like the terrain you would see there.

Thanks I have a friend who’s a Sheriffs Deputy that patrols the parks , Ill send him a text .

Edited by Nomad

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

From the picture they also appear to be gutted and they were all dragged to one spot...Could be a poaching operation that got interrupted and the perpetrators were scared off before they got away with their booty...

Good point and eyes !  Shoot them ,gut ,remove legs so they all fit in a truck bed better ,pile up in one spot for pick up .

• Like 1

I may have more info tomorrow.

picture is confusing there’s two  Pond rd  one by my spot in W. Bloomfield , but Pond and Macedon center rd is next to Mendon Park more Honeoye Falls / Mendon  not W. Bloomfield 

Edited by Nomad

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I may have more info tomorrow.

picture is confusing there’s two  Pond rd  one by my spot in W. Bloomfield , but Pond and Macedon center rd is next to Mendon Park more Honeoye Falls / Mendon  not W. Bloomfield 

It's w Bloomfield Rd in Mendon and pond Rd Mendon

• 6 months later...

Was there any outcome or resolution to this incident ?

I ran into the same thing about 10 years ago in Maine . I found 3 deer thrown over a bank 100 yards in on the logging road I walk in on to hunt . The logging road is drivable for about 1/2 mile then turns into a trail. There were 2 bucks that had the skull cap sawed off and a big doe. Two of them had the legs cut off at the knees. Only one of them was gutted . I called it in to the authorities when I found it. A week later I got a call back from a game warden that said that one deer was dumped there by the state police and 2 were dumped by the F+G Dept . They were all road kills. The 2 whole deer were found road kills not worthy of being distributed for consumption  and the gutted deer a fresh road kill but was determined it was too smashed up .. The legs were cut off so the hooves would not scratch up the vehicle while in the transport basket in the back .  This made sense because the legs were there just thrown into a pile. This was on a 10 square mile block of timber company land . I have seen a deer or two dumped in the same spot since then. I didn't bother calling because I now knew where they likely came from.  At least they called me back.