Oneida Lake - Cmon spring!

Robhuntandfish

only thing is now if i go out and get skunked one day - i have zero excuse!  Fishing buddy Corey is already planning on some new fishing techniques to try out this year.  Last year we added a planer board system (thanks Andrew! ), this year he wants to try weed walleyes and slip bobbers. But looking like a good season!

it is interesting that the walleye have been doing so well. The bass have definitely dropped off though.  Dont get near the amount we used to and i hear that a lot from other fisherman as well. A lot of people say it has to do with the Gobies but i have yet to clean a walleye and find a goby in it. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

1 minute ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Bring that shiny red rig down here for some nice Smallies, Wallies (so I’m told I can’t catch em), and Tigers.

ive fished Otisco before.  Been a few years.  We caught some nice bass.  One day three of us went just for tigers.  My one buddy brings this rubber fish that was about 9" long and he rigged it with a steel leader and a treble.  It was so big he would open the bail on the reel and throw it out instead of casting it.  LOL and of course we busted on him all day.....and then he caught a 30" tiger on it.  LOL 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TreeGuy said:

I really think we need to get some great lake water on that rig.....

EDIT: lake Erie is WIDE OPEN NOW

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

too afraid that the water will be IN it !  Small craft here ... small craft.  Cmon i bought a smaller boat just so you wouldnt make me go on the Greats! 

too afraid that the water will be IN it !  Small craft here ... small craft.  Cmon i bought a smaller boat just so you wouldnt make me go on the Greats! 
Plenty of boats out there smaller than yours!! Land of the giants my friend ! Can always stay in the harbor and be safe, as you witnessed. But, if I can't convince you to come here, I will gladly come to you and pound some Oneida yellows.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It used to take me ten minutes to hook up my boat, drive to Godfrey point and launch, park and motor away...

I haven't been out fishing on Oneida more than a couple times in the past five years. I used to have a 16' Grumman with a 20 horse on the back and go all the time. I sold that for a smallish pontoon to satisfy my wife. it is almost impossible to launch or take out the pontoon by myself, so I go almost never. killing me. I would love to get a rig like Robhunt has.