Team Legend 2011 Deer Season

First-light

Just wanted to wish you guys good luck on the gun opener! My brother is picking me up about 1:30 Friday afternoon in the city and we should make camp by 6:30. It will be nic to get up there at a decent hour and settle in. My neighbor saw a giant 12 pt 2 days ago cruising the corner of my property. He said it was one of the biggest deer he has ever seen. Hope I run into him on Saturday. Weather looks to be real good in the morning, it's a special time when you have a cool still morning on opening day, can you dig it? Good luck to all and be safe I'll report back in Monday/Tuesday.

Hey we had a great weekend! My brother got a 4 pt opening morning and I scored with a 7 pt on Monday morning. Deer came into a scrape 80 yards out and pissed for the last time. My brother in law was hunting with his fathers Savage 308 rifle and got this 8 pt. My nephew gat a six in theat heat on Sunday. Deer was dogging a doe in 60 degree weather!

post-156-0-93578000-1321959624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Burt

Yea it was a great weekend! My brothers deer was at 7:45 Opening morning. Deer walked up to him and stoped broadside 10 yards. He had to do it. Good for him he didn't see another deer all weekend. Brother in laws deer was earlier about 6:50 walked from a thicket heading to the bedding area about 50 yards two shots and he was done. My nephew went to his spot in all theat heat Sunday afternoon. Kicked out a buck going in and was at his spot no more than 5 minutes and here comes this six point hounding this doe. he got him at about 60 yards and put another in him at 100 yards in the back of the head. It was a great shot. I got mine on that cool Monday morning. It was about 7:45 I had seen only two small doe all weekend in fact I think the second doe I saw was the smallest deer I have ever seen/ It looked like a 70 lbs dog. I had just looked towards the scrape and wham there he was peeing in the scrape. I picked my spot and he walked into the opening and I let him have it. Perfect shot at 80 yards top of heart and lung. Deer still went 60 yards and I unloaded on him hitting him once in the neck. I'll try to post the other 4 and 6 pt once I get picts. Will be back up weekend after Thanksgiving. There are some real big deer still out there.None of the real big ones we saw at bow or the ones that my neighbor saw wee taken yet. Good luck!

Thanks guys. Here is a picture of the 8 pt and 6 pt my Nephew got this year. The 8 was taken at bow and was found by deer search. The tall six point was last Sunday. We are very lucky this year. To top it off my BIL who got the 8 opening day also scored in Ohio with another 8 pt at bow. Crazy year for us!

post-156-0-59557200-1322138868_thumb.jpg

Just got back from camp it was a good weekend. Saturday my brother saw one deer but couldn't make it out,

he only has a dmp tag. We brought his friend up and he spooked out a couple walking in at dark, that was it. Sunday morning we saw nothing. My neighbor came over and asked if we wanted to drive his swamp. We jumped on the idea. My brother and his friend were the standers and my neighbor and I pushed. It was only 5 minutes into the drive and here come three deer right at me. The first was real big, I took a bead on her neck at 50 yards and put her down. Then all hell broke loose. Two other deer go flying past me headed towards my brother. start hearing shots 5 in all. 4 big doe ran past him real fast and he unloaded on them but missed. Thinking he may of hit one he had to hold up on two other deer that stopped right under his stand. I give him credit, these two deer headed right back into the drivers and passed my neighbor who didn't shoot. Here is the picture of my doe, 110 lbs. She had one hell of a neck and ass end. Had her made into sweet maple sausage and Italian sausage. It was a nice weekend and my brothers friend saw a couple of doe Sunday afternoon but couldn't get a shot.

BTW notice the hat????

post-156-0-03259000-1323081372_thumb.jpg