Muck Boots

Gobbler Chaser

I have a pair of Arctic Pros that I shredded walking through brush the very first time I wore them in the woods. That neoprene is not durable at all. I did buy another pair a few years ago and still wear them,  but I am very aware of what I'm walking through, cold weather to and from the stand is it. That pair cracked where the boot flexes on top of the foot during their second season, I sealed it with Aquaseal and they are fine. As far as tucking pants into them goes, not a chance for me. They are really tight to the leg for me, uncomfortably tight even with only a base layer on. I only wear them with cold-weather bibs which go over them easily, I'm sure I could get field pants or loose jeans over them. Again, I have Arctic Pros so they are pretty thick, others may not be.

Edited by Don_C
sp

58 minutes ago, Don_C said:

I have a pair of Arctic Pros that I shredded walking through brush the very first time I wore them in the woods. That neoprene is not durable at all. I did buy another pair a few years ago and still wear them,  but I am very aware of what I'm walking through, cold weather to and from the stand is it. That pair cracked where the boot flexes on top of the foot during their second season, I sealed it with Aquaseal and they are fine. As far as tucking pants into them goes, not a chance for me. They are really tight to the leg for me, uncomfortably tight even with only a base layer on. I only wear them with cold-weather bibs which go over them easily, I'm sure I could get field pants or loose jeans over them. Again, I have Arctic Pros so they are pretty thick, others may not be.

I got a pair of Arctic pros for Christmas....Didn't want to hear they don't hold up.....Haven't worn them yet...

3 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Hi, New Guy here, Glad to be here.. Just ordered a pair of Mucks with the neoprene tops. Was wondering if blue jeans can be pulled over them to protect the neoprene or are they too fat?

Welcome!! Great to have you join us!

I have a pair of Muck Woody Sport boots, that I could pull the legs of my jeans over if I wanted. As I don't wear tight pants. But I spray the boots down with Sawyers, and tuck in the jeans to help prevent ticks from crawling up. And that does help by the way.

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

I got a pair of Arctic pros for Christmas....Didn't want to hear they don't hold up.....Haven't worn them yet...

I don't mean to sound like they don't hold up and I'm certainly not bashing them. They are just not "brush busting" boots and I learned the expensive way, but they are great cold weather boots. I can't explain the crack in the newest pair, maybe I damaged it somehow on the 4wheeler or tree stand and did not notice until it was completely split.

Mine have been solid.  I am not usually busting through thorn bushes and have still had a few small tears, but generally no issue.  I leave the legs of bibs over them all of the time.  I doubt I could get jeans over them, but I wear fashionable Biz style skinny jeans and have fat calves.

If your denim is wide enough (boot cut) you could get them over the neoprene but that leaves your pants exposed to the elements. So you will need a second pair of muck boots - size up six - to go over the boots-pants combo. Of course that leaves the problem of how to protect the second pair's neoprene. 

Duct tape. About three rolls per boot should do it. 

• Haha 1

No snow flake jeans. Only fat guy jeans, lol. Yea I'm actually going to use them for logging out in marsh area on my property (lots of dead Ash)and the briars are freaking nasty. I did see a town worker wearing a pair at the local pizza place today and yes it looks like I should be able to pull my jeans over them. And my bibs should be no problem at all. Thanks for the great replies guys