Venison Estates Hunting 2011 Journal (burmjohn's journal)

burmjohn

Trying to get the old man to officially name the property, I liked Venison Estates :) Anyways, heading up tomorrow at about 4pm, skipping out of work a little early to try to bypass a little traffic. Staying up there for 4 days for the Bow opener (till tuesday). We have had a lot of trail camera action, so hopefully one of us can get some deer down this weekend, my fridge is empty!

There will be 3 of us Bow Hunting this weekend on our property, me, my brother and my uncle. I'll keep ya updated and let you know what goes down. The cell service and internet is horrible up there but hopefully I can post some updates and pictures.

All set, at the Cabin now. Had a fun night with my brother BS'ing about the trail camera pics and deciding what stands to head for in the morning. Its 12:30AM about to hit the sack, alarm is set for 5:15AM to wake up show, and get some eats, then head out!

• 2 weeks later...

Well neither of us scored on opening weekend, but we are heading back up tonight for a weekend of fun.

Looks like SNOW and COLD! Sat calls for 3 inches of snow and a high of 34 degrees... I can't remember the last time I bow hunted with snow on the ground, if ever?

• 5 weeks later...

We spent the weekend at the cabin for thanks giving, family came up, it was a great time. My brother has been hunting pretty hard this year during bow and rifle. We got one DMP for 3H, I really wanted him to use it for his first deer... Finally Friday afternoon around 3:30 he had 3 does come in at about 75 yards and 110 yards... He picked the biggest doe (the one at 110 yards) and put a perfect shot on her. It went maybe 10 yards and dropped.... He did an awesome job gutting it with a very little guidance... We had a blast! Hopefully this weekend one of us can get a buck :)

post-2-0-97843200-1322506565_thumb.jpg