For all the Vortex fans

moog5050

10 minutes ago, Zag said:

If I ever drop a $1000 bucks on a scope I've lost my mind. Everything else abouts it's great:-)

I have owned a few 4 figure scopes and sold all of them at some point realizing I didn't need them.  Now I cap scope prices around $400-500.  But I will say if you find a really good deal on high end scope you will lose little or no money on resale.  I made money on 2 high end scopes buying new and then selling.  But yes, $1k is an expensive scope. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have owned a few 4 figure scopes and sold all of them at some point realizing I didn't need them.  Now I cap scope prices around $400-500.  But I will say if you find a really good deal on high end scope you will lose little or no money on resale.  I made money on 2 high end scopes buying new and then selling.  But yes, $1k is an expensive scope. 

I haven't forgotten about that Quigley Ford.  Wondering if I'll go all in on that 277 Sig Sauer bolt.  My brain tells me "Wait a year dummy", every other part of me says "screw that".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I haven't forgotten about that Quigley Ford.  Wondering if I'll go all in on that 277 Sig Sauer bolt.  My brain tells me "Wait a year dummy", every other part of me says "screw that".

I had it made for my 6.5 creed.   It’s a very nice scope.  No complaints.  

What a sweet scope! Love the reticle on this one. It's a bit out of my price range now, but I do see a Vortex scope in my future.

I should have bought the one Tree guy was selling awhile back. Kicking myself now for not doing so.

Edited by grampy

A) congrats, great purchase.
B) I also love Vortex scopes and my cheapest was $700. Mine are minimum PST's and now moving to more Razors.
C) Don't know if the reticle would be as useful to me as it is for you, but I know the clarity of the glass is great.i normally use EBR 2C or EBR 7C
D) Keep us posted on how it works.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, TACC said:

A) congrats, great purchase.
B) I also love Vortex scopes and my cheapest was $700. Mine are minimum PST's and now moving to more Razors.
C) Don't know if the reticle would be as useful to me as it is for you, but I know the clarity of the glass is great.i normally use EBR 2C or EBR 7C
D) Keep us posted on how it works.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Didn’t buy one yet.  Just think I like the features and reticle better than any scope I have seen.  I did price it out at a dealer I use. $944 but won’t likely be available until mid April.   We shall see.  No rush.