Drinking

Dom

A person that can't enjoy a day without needing a drink is probably not someone I want to spend time around.

Totally. I mean every other night I'll have a glass of whiskey or a bottle of beer but geez. Heck it's not even a day, they can't even wait a couple of hours to get back to the cabin? Which is sad because I often find empty beer cans and liqour bottles out there. You're going to drink and then make it worst by littering?

Or be allowed to carry a Gun !!!

Oh, there we go. Classic. I dont agree with it so to hell with that person's rights, regardless of them not committing a crime. The potential must be there and they must not be responsible enough to own a gun because I say so. :rolleyes:

I was wondering how long it would be before someone went there with this topic.

no 1 is gonna stop me from crackin my beer @ 8a.m....but also thats only when i am hoppin on the tractor to go pick my deer up @ the woods. all the guys i hunt with, were all pretty young and extremely good friends. no 1 drinks before hunts or in the woods @ all. but after that bow / shotgun is hung up after the evening hunt were always gonna tie one on. nothing but business sun up to sun down, but after that its time for strip steaks some potatos n mushrooms, stoke up the wood burner and tell tales from the days hunt and throw ur feet up n relax. everyone gets a good nights sleep and were back @ it again.

• Like 1

Definately not Anti Gun .... I'm still in the Military . Less than 8 percent of Americans serve or have served , a minority group too which I am a proud member .....HOORAH

What does you serving in the military or the amount of Americans that have served have to do with you making anti gun comments on a HUNTING message board?

The camp I hunt with has no problem drinking. There are about 13 or so guys up the opening weekend and no one drinks during the day. But at nite after dinner the beers keep on coming and the dart games begin and last thru the nite. No one gets drunk, but many beers are consumed and everyone is up bright and early the next day to hunt. Been like this since 1993. As for me my drinking days are over and that's my choice. Don't need to drink to have a good time.

I don't know. I have nothing against someone having a drink after the hunt if that is what they want to do, but some of you are sure as hell feeding the stereotype of hunters being drunken slobs running around the woods with firearms. The stereotype may not be far from the truth from what I am reading here. Not a good image for us to put out there.

What does you serving in the military or the amount of Americans that have served have to do with you making anti gun comments on a HUNTING message board?

I haven't seen any anti-gun comments, just anti-dumbazz comments.

I don't know. I have nothing against someone having a drink after the hunt if that is what they want to do, but some of you are sure as hell feeding the stereotype of hunters being drunken slobs running around the woods with firearms. The stereotype may not be far from the truth from what I am reading here. Not a good image for us to put out there.

And then landowners get called names for not wanting people on their land. All it takes is one encounter with some maroon to make them see all of us in a poor light.

no it's not a bible camp and we hunt from dark to dark that means we go out in the dark and by the time we get back its dark. one more thing i out grew going out driking and paying good money to feel like shit the next day back in my 30's. and i didn't say we didn't drink.

Hmmmm... Seems that my "tongue in cheek" comment was taken seriously.

Funny..That cop that arrested me for molesting and mugging that 82 year old Nun didn't have a sense of humor either. What a world..!...