shooting with one or both open?

I'm semi stuck in the house right now,so I set up a target for my pellet gun[scoped] for the last hour or more I've been trying to shoot with both eyes open. It's proving to be very difficult.I keep seeing two targets.I remember trying it a long time back with my bow but gave up. How many of you shoot with both eyes open and was it something you had to train your eyes to do? ? Is there anymore benefit over one eye closed?

I cant shoot with both eyes open. I have a slight lazy eye on the left so it just doesnt work to shoot both eyes.  If i keep them both open i see the side of a scope,my riser on my bow.  I believe most of the best shooters in the world shoot 2 eyes open so there is something to learning how.

3 minutes ago, mattypotpie8S said:

assuming your right handed your probably left eye dominant.. I am and can't shoot both eyes open.

Both of my boys are right handed and left eye dominant.  I have no idea how I  could go two for two on that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm in the same boat , right handed left eye dominant.  I am able to shoot with both eyes open most of the time, but on occasion my left takes back over..took me quite a few years.. I still have to close my left eye initially and focus with my right before opening my left eye..

one eye same as the above right handed left eye dominant rac hunter sounds like u may have same issue....easy way to tell put a your finger out infront of u and so it covers up an area say 20 feet away with both eyes open then do it with one eye closed ,,,, when u use your non dominant eye it will appear as your finger moved and u can see the object your finger was blocking

Rt handed LT eye dominant here too , I was shooting left hand guns , but switched Rt awhile back . Last year I shot my buck with a RT hand gun , but I shot it left handed as I had to lean way out to the left to get an opening , no biggie .

I often close my left eye to help focus on the spot through the peep site (mostly only bow hunt). Once I have a clear picture i open left eye so to better see the whole picture from shot to follow through.
Right handed, right eyed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk