LONG ISLAND DEER REPORTS

Geno C

Karp, Geno,come on guys, keep on checking the site, and hoping to see pics of you guys with a smile and a big buck!!!!

I might be able to get out the end of this week one day, and finally get some footage with the beagles, supposed to cool off, can not waite!!!!!!

Have a question for you guys, I do not really hunt state land on long island in the beginning of nov., when do you guys think the rut will be on the island, as I do not want to ruin any chances for somebody to bag a buck during prime time.

Was out with my son yesterday. Real breezy sitting up in the tree. My son saw a doe around 6PM come in from behind his stand. He try to position himself for a shot but he said she spooked and took off. I saw nothing. Going out this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have something to report.

Karp, Geno,come on guys, keep on checking the site, and hoping to see pics of you guys with a smile and a big buck!!!!

I might be able to get out the end of this week one day, and finally get some footage with the beagles, supposed to cool off, can not waite!!!!!!

Have a question for you guys, I do not really hunt state land on long island in the beginning of nov., when do you guys think the rut will be on the island, as I do not want to ruin any chances for somebody to bag a buck during prime time.

things are going to start picking up id say within the next 2 weeks, some minor pre rut activity going on now i am hearing. its all a guess really but the first 2 weeks of Nov are usually a great time to be in a tree. If you are going to run the dogs id do it this weekend lol.

Edited by Geno C

geno, thanks, I hoping to go upstate this week sometime, and will hit my gunclub on the island nov 1 and 2, but will stay away from public spots till end november, I do not want to push a buck off state land when hunters have the best chance.

So I hope to see some pics soon, lol. All kidding aside good luck...

Went out Monday afternoon with my 2 buddies and my one buddie's nephew. I hunted a different spot that I normally do. I found one fresh rub near where I had my stand. Looks to be a nice area....lot of different elevations with a nice heavy run going by. Too bad I didn't see a damn thing but a noisy ass squirrel. My one buddy saw a button buck and 4 does and my other bud saw 4 does. The nephew saw nothing also. I won't be out again till next Monday. I'll be out of town in Pennsylvania Sat. and Sun.

Went out for the first time this season to my prime number one spot where I arrowed two nice deer last year only to find my stand stolen.This is private property and I sought of have an idea who took it but no proof. Anyway being totally pissed I ended up sitting in a spot I arrowed a buck a couple of years ago. Got in late but ten minutes later four does on me feeding through. I had deer around me from then on seeing a total of 13 doe and one small tiny basket eight. Kept hoping for the good one to come in but never happened. Still a great time salvaging the day. Things look promising I HOPE.

geno, thanks, I hoping to go upstate this week sometime, and will hit my gunclub on the island nov 1 and 2, but will stay away from public spots till end november, I do not want to push a buck off state land when hunters have the best chance.

So I hope to see some pics soon, lol. All kidding aside good luck...

thanks bud! and goodluck to you as well

Thurs full day in Sullivan then back to the island Sat 2nd half, Sun 1st half. That's bullshit about your stand I found someone's the other day on public land I thought they were taking a risk but I would never touch it let alone steal it. However it is very close to a spot I like and if I'm in first I'm not moving bc you hung a stand. And don't have a climber with you.

Bellmore, keep checking, I've been seeing deer but far or running from the joggers. Sunday pm had two does running by, tried to take a shot, however i killed a young sapling which did not like my rage 2 blade. Sunday i will try to get a deer and leave the trees alone.LOL

Bellmore, keep checking, I've been seeing deer but far or running from the joggers. Sunday pm had two does running by, tried to take a shot, however i killed a young sapling which did not like my rage 2 blade. Sunday i will try to get a deer and leave the trees alone.LOL

I am desperate,hopefully doesnt happen again, but next time a pic of the sappling please!!! LOL

going in this weekend and going in for the long haul, all day sits Sat & Sun.

Me too Geno, hopefully both days. Bellmore , knowing my skill, I'll take pictures of the next wooden kill I get.

I was at C&B archery this afternoon and met a man that killed a large 11 pointer (at least the cell phone picture showed him that way) out east

Me too Geno, hopefully both days. Bellmore , knowing my skill, I'll take pictures of the next wooden kill I get.

I was at C&B archery this afternoon and met a man that killed a large 11 pointer (at least the cell phone picture showed him that way) out east

goodluck this weekend Karp

Cousin shot an 8pt I have on camera last evening about five. The Broadhead had plenty of white hair but zero blood. We were convinced he gave it a buzzcut. Until we found blood, good blood. We tracked it last night until we started running out of light and didn't want to push him. Picked up the trail this am and tracked it for a quarter mile. Finding intermittent pools of blood and good drops along the way. The trail was zigzagging through the thickest stuff I've ever seen. Then we lost the blood completely. We searched are asses off. I think he cut him on the inside of the leg towards the belly. There was a solid blood trail though. Going to go back in shortly and start looking in an area where I think there may be some water. I'm very frustrated right now. Shit this sucks

Cousin shot an 8pt I have on camera last evening about five. The Broadhead had plenty of white hair but zero blood. We were convinced he gave it a buzzcut. Until we found blood, good blood. We tracked it last night until we started running out of light and didn't want to push him. Picked up the trail this am and tracked it for a quarter mile. Finding intermittent pools of blood and good drops along the way. The trail was zigzagging through the thickest stuff I've ever seen. Then we lost the blood completely. We searched are asses off. I think he cut him on the inside of the leg towards the belly. There was a solid blood trail though. Going to go back in shortly and start looking in an area where I think there may be some water. I'm very frustrated right now. Shit this sucks

That is tough. Wish you the best in the search.