How did you do

Lunkerbass21

I did great ! Got up at 9:00 ,drank a lot of coffee went to the gym,walked the beagle.

As far as hunting my nextdoor neighbor's borther took a small buck and a guy from work saw 2 small bucks and 3 doe,he hunts a spot in Mendon that the deer pour out into the fields like on them tv shows though.

Most guys I know slept in, but the ones that went said day break was not too bad.

Really want to get a sit in under my belt,hoping for Monday ,should be on stand by 4:00 or so if wind drops down.

Lunkerbass where do you hunt ? I live in Webster and hunt Canandaigua.

Edited by Larry302

In the stand at 6:30am,

7:30am saw a Doe and two Bambie's at 50 yards (wouldn't shoot them anyways)

9:15am saw two Bucks, one 10" spike horn and one eight point (nice rack) at 25 yards (no shot at all)

Heavy wind started with rain, went home..........the end! :suicide:

I got to the stand at 11pm last night....had a field of deer and when I started climbing down to get my bow I heard a grunt and the field was lit up with wht flags and the buck had walked past me and just kept walking to where the deer ran....got to sleep and town fire alarm went off about 2a.m. waking me up...restless rest of night......playing re runs of the Wizard Of Oz in my head...lol and it got cold...at 7:35 I had 2 spikes in range 12-13in. and a 5-6in...they sparred and walked down wind at 15yrds...didn't want to go to field.......great being able to get up and stretch back legs and arms...read....and crocheted about 1:30 2 doe and a fawn hit opposite side of field to feed a bit....had fair morning but then down pours ...showers and nerve racking winds...gave up at 4p.m.can't track in this stuff if need be

Growalot you go into your stand the night before your hunt? Thats dedication!

That is called being on his game.Or should i say ahead of his game.If camping was alowed on the land i hunt i would do the same thing.Not disturbing the woods is very smart and a wise choice. :bye:

Haha I agree but a night in climber or any of my homemades, ladder, or hangon stands and I would need a serious chiropracter and I'm a young guy. Listen I am insane about hunting and whenever I find someone equal or more crazy then me it is a tip of the hat to them!

A buddy I hunted with this morning saw 2 spikes and let them walk, I kicked up 2 doe while walking out, I cut down the hill into a creek bottom, and they were down there. I would have taken a shot, had they presented one, but they were never really in the open, always behind brush. Hopefully the weather tomorrow will be a little easier, the wind was pretty bad where we were.

First guys, Growalot is a she. She has a stand or two that are like little condos that she can sleep in. Its not her sleeping in a climber lol.

Thats what i gathered since the words crocheting was mentioned. Its still a great idea being all set up like that :gamer:

My wife and I saw 9 total, two small bucks and the rest does and fawns. No shots for us but she did get to draw back on one of the bucks we had at 20. We hit some state land and then another spot which produced deer sightings for the whole crew of 4. Weather was fine for us, windy and warm. We were done by 1:00pm and I am heading back out tomorrow.

I'm heading out to sleep in my shooting house after the baseball game tonight. I sat up there this evening but only saw a spike and some turkeys. I left my muzzleloader and gear up there, and have the sleeping bag all ready to go.

Edited by outdoorstom

Saw 5 bucks nothing over a 3 point and 12 doe between the morning and night hunt, with the conditions here in CNY it wasn't worth shooting a doe with the wind and rain. Was great to just get out and get up, close and personal with some whitetails!

Edited by RoweFarmsCNY

Only in hunting can you be totally miserable for hrs and still have the time of your life. Pretty exciting first day . 1 spike, 2 forks, 1 5point, 1 6point, 2 8's and topped it off with an awesome encounter with a dandy 9 point that i had at 15yrds with his nose up a does butt. All the bucks i saw were in bow range too. Also saw 6 does. Bucks were sniffin, and checking any doe they saw. Even the mature 9 which was very surprising..

Hunted surise to sunset taking a break from the climber for 3 hours miday while hunting a natural ground blind. Had 6 different sightngs for the day but only one small buck among those. Weather wasn't that bad here in the east as wind was gusty at times but no rain.

I don't know if it's dedication...obsession or fear...lol...been chased ...charged....followed and stalked going to stands pre-dawn...getting too old to out run and now with more bear in the area.... out bluff critters...besides God gave me the wink on a couple of close skunk encounters....But Oh ya I have a Tree lounge and yes..I strapped my self in good and tight(fear I'd "sleep walk") and slept in that. a couple of times...hung and then zip tied bow and gun to a screw in step....those were warm calm weather hunts...but skeeters and some wild screaming in the woods had me rethink that...you'd be surprised the noises out there...like my closed windows & latched doors.... ;)

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2