Jump to content

Your Biggest Buck


Deleted Account

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

This is my muzzle loader buck from 2006, down Cazenovia way. He was as swollen up from the rut as you can imagine. 12 very irregular points, five years old. I have a number of probably bigger, certainly prettier, but for me he is "The One".1054931623_Davesbuck2007.thumb.jpg.0c13344d87c2cf36013d73d0e557a983.jpg

Very cool buck. Got my first deer in Nelson down by Caz. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was 300 lbs live weight. They grow them big up north of the border. The crazy other part of the story was a larger racked buck showed up 2 minutes after I shot this one. I wanted to cry but my eyes would have froze shut.

 

SK is the holy grail. But don’t sleep on Alberta for whitetails. I was there wolf hunting and saw tons of 140-150” racks around town. Insane mass on those bucks and huge bodies make the racks look smaller then they score

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

F5DED300-C057-4E94-A8DB-FAB02CC732A3.thumb.jpeg.5d2bde068f340fa16b3a805bd63f5d0e.jpeg114F9F13-AE2D-44DC-9E86-46AFE1BF89F2.thumb.jpeg.e4e15c4695624901e907a5228c248d3f.jpeg

This nearly perfect buck grossed 155 net 152. He was with a doe and 3 other bucks over 4 miles away from His home range, taken with the bow. I didn’t know he existed, but my taxidermist did. He was at the top of his list...

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Daveboone said:

This is my muzzle loader buck from 2006, down Cazenovia way. He was as swollen up from the rut as you can imagine. 12 very irregular points, five years old. I have a number of probably bigger, certainly prettier, but for me he is "The One".1054931623_Davesbuck2007.thumb.jpg.0c13344d87c2cf36013d73d0e557a983.jpg

Nice and with a NEF sidekick muzzleloader to boot!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some real beauties on this thread!

I arrowed my best buck on 10/2/15 at 12 yds. Awesome hunt...had 4 bucks in range at once with another buck at the base of my stand. I wasn't sure how I was even going to get drawn back on him. He grossed just over 140 nontyp with only a 13" inside spread!!!

72447455_DSCN0595(2).JPG.4c32911e2e6a7e2e82c8e4f5262fb371.thumb.jpeg.57069a480b822eeb2908a52b5512503b.jpeg

12139999_547229445442166_7611223377955400053_o.jpg.3db4d32ed80e3082e37190f568b80724.jpg

66597675_2373374302923012_6743431484620668928_o.thumb.jpg.d9d123a73e5601992a3c3ff596ebda7d.jpg

 

66285214_2373374296256346_960983805605183488_o.jpg

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Antler wise I believe this is my biggest.. rough green score of 135ish. 8 pt. Taken 11/7/15 by bow at 7 yards

Not much of a story, When i first put eyes on him coming my direction quick, I knew what deer he was by his brows.. I Elected to pass him immediately, really wanting to give him 1 more year.... He came to the dug rd in front of my stand and stopped for a bit sniffing the deer trail that crossed it.. As i stared him over, while he just stood there using his sniffer, i forced myself to shoot him.. lol.. That year he was only the 4th or 5th best buck on the hill.. And I had my heart set on bucks 1 thru 3 lol.. But this 7yrd  opportunity was too good to pass up, and i knew he was wall worthy regardless.. so i sent the Rage to the cage!  

075.JPG

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Antler wise I believe this is my biggest.. rough green score of 135ish. 8 pt. Taken 11/7/15 by bow at 7 yards

Not much of a story, When i first put eyes on him coming my direction quick, I knew what deer he was by his brows.. I Elected to pass him immediately, really wanting to give him 1 more year.... He came to the dug rd in front of my stand and stopped for a bit sniffing the deer trail that crossed it.. As i stared him over, while he just stood there using his sniffer, i forced myself to shoot him.. lol.. That year he was only the 4th or 5th best buck on the hill.. And I had my heart set on bucks 1 thru 3 lol.. But this 7yrd  opportunity was too good to pass up, and i knew he was wall worthy regardless.. so i sent the Rage to the cage!  

075.JPG

Sorry to hear you had to settle for that buck :) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Daveboone said:

This is my muzzle loader buck from 2006, down Cazenovia way. He was as swollen up from the rut as you can imagine. 12 very irregular points, five years old. I have a number of probably bigger, certainly prettier, but for me he is "The One".1054931623_Davesbuck2007.thumb.jpg.0c13344d87c2cf36013d73d0e557a983.jpg

helluva buck!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I shot my best NY whitetail this past season on 11/2 at 7:50am. I texted several forum members going wild since I was so pumped. @sodfather was kind enough to let me be a superstar for 40-50 minutes before he shot a bigger buck a mere 390 miles away. Then to top it off, @Lawdwaz and @turkeyfeathers shot bucks later that same day too.

Therefore, I will be forever forgotten!

I'll jump in with pics now.

11/2/2019: Xbow from the ground, 19 yards away making an aggressive scrape in the spot I always scrape in front of my trail cam. I He was facing me with head down making a scrape so I couldn’t shoot. I planned to wait till he turned broadside either way. Instead he lifted his head way up high and started rubbing the branches above him. I had read a lot about frontal shots for year and to aim for a “front shirt pocket”. Being that i had the xbow and felt steady (while shaking mentally) I took the shot since it was wide open and so close. I heard a loud crack as the bolt went right through him. He tried to run uphill and tumbled back down. I saw him go down. He died 16 yards from the shot. My trail cam 2 pics of him before I shot at 750am.

151lbs dressed and 94 3/8" rack.

86c27c55e1f86b4d428fa02daf9c4124.jpg

dcb96756a4e5af888cef83841c519fe4.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, johnplav said:

Sorry to hear you had to settle for that buck :) 

Thanks sir. It was tough decision!  Lol jk.

I had 3 deer that were becoming ancient that year.. they gave me the slip a few times before.. Passed up many many bucks waiting for them. that is all. Very happy with this buck, I would never say i'm not happy about my decision.. Especially to see my boys face when I got home with him!    

2nd picture is the other buck who was older and much bigger bodied, and antler wise within a couple inches of one another.. #217 dressed 11/19/2006

I dont care for antler scores, especially stupid deductions lol. I care for their entertainment and company in my woods and on my wall :) 

IMG_20151109_202459_141.jpg

PB180016.JPG

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Thanks sir. It was tough decision!  Lol jk.

I had 3 deer that were becoming ancient that year.. they gave me the slip a few times before.. Passed up many many bucks waiting for them. that is all. Very happy with this buck, I would never say i'm not happy about my decision.. Especially to see my boys face when I got home with him!    

2nd picture is the other buck who was older and much bigger bodied, and antler wise within a couple inches of one another.. #217 dressed 11/19/2006

I dont care for antler scores, especially stupid deductions lol. I care for their entertainment and company in my woods and on my wall :) 

IMG_20151109_202459_141.jpg

PB180016.JPG

Absolutely.  As incredible as these bucks in this thread are, I think for most of us the experience of the hunt counts far more than an antler score.  

My most memorable hunts are not necessarily my biggest bucks.  

Hell, for some of my most memorable hunts, I wasn't even the one who pulled the trigger. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My biggest buck in 37 years of deer hunting. Taken 11/9/18 @ 10:25. Missed an opportunity at him the last day of muzzleloader in 2017 when he busted me turning in the stand for a shot, hearing noise from build up of snow and ice on the stand. Then bow season 2018, drew bow back on him on 11/7/18 when he followed a doe in but he never presented a shot. He was stopped at about 38 yards...safely behind a tree blocking his vitals. Holding on him for what seemed like an eternity. But then the doe that was now only about 22yds from my tree bolted and he bolted after her. No shot...and feeling helpless hearing them run away through the woods out of sight and out of hearing, hoping and praying they would circle back. Then about half an hour later a nice 8Pt came in sniffing the ground everywhere that doe walked. I passed on him at about 20yds, knowing the big 10Pt was in the area, hoping that he'd come back. Nothing more that day. Then two days later, 11/9/18 while looking at a doe about 10yds right of my tree, I heard a twig snap and see the big 10Pt walking, angling away from me about 40yds away in front of my stand, oblivious to me or the doe in the area. So, I reach for my grunt tube but the doe busted me, running away to my right. The buck heard her running away, snapped his head around looking in her direction, and then turned around slowly walking in her direction now...passing about 25yds in front of me. Buck fever started kicking in real bad, so it took me 3 tries to pull my bow back...LOL...But eventually got it pulled back and made a solid good shot on him. He turned running about 140yds before piling up with a solid double lung hit. Gross score 144-0/8, Net score 136-5/8.

20200313_083601.jpg

20200313_083427.jpg

Edited by JALA RUT
Typo
  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The biggest body wise , last year . He walked by at 20 yards and I put a xbow bolt through his heart . I owe the shot to,my  extensive  practice prior to the season , I shot two bolts at 30 yards and said good to go . 

281C3FE8-A690-4B6C-88D5-3FB08DEB8675.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Copied and pasted out of the 2016 Gun Harvest thread....

 

Well...what a day...I am still on cloud 9..Got in my stand early. About 5:45. Heard the first shot at roughly 6:15..I can't imagine how they were shooting because I can't see squat. One of my Hunting buddies is across the ravine from me about 300 yds away. It doesn't take him long to text me that he saw 2 doe. Not long after sunrise two guys on the lease had deer down. A beautiful 6 with nubs for browtines and a nice 8 Pt. I see movement to the right behind me and get excited...then quickly realized they were turkey and watched 8 Longbeards slowly work through. At 8:34 am I text my buddy telling him I swore I heard a deer grunt. I can't hear or see anything.  Just as I decide it must have been my imagination a doe rips in at full speed and stops 10 feet in front of me panting. I am scanning where she came from and catch movement.  I shoulder my rifle...see a nice rack..settle the cross hair and tell myself to squeeze the trigger. The deer disappears and I don't see it. I am shaking like a leaf...see the deer again look...wait..it's another doe..another deer another doe..Bring the gun down and scan..see another deer at least 30 yds from where I first shot..shoulder the rifle..it's him...shaking like a leaf I try to settle myself down and breath..settle my crosshair..tell myself to squeeze the trigger..bang...shot two..the deer doesn't even flinch..again..shot 3..just behind the shoulder..the deer doesn't move...this is crazy...again time again...shot 4...the deer drops right where he is standing..but he is getting back up...shot 5...my gun is empty...I attach my rifle to my pull up rope and practically throw it out of the stand..down the ladder like a fireman pole..grab the rifle..throw 5 more rounds in the rifle...I can't see the deer from the ground. I head slowly toward the deer when blow blow blow...all the doe..I believe there were 6 book out of there. I close the distance and can see the deer trying to get up..I shoulder the rifle again..shot 6..I know I missed on this shot. I get up to the deer and I decide I am going to put him down when he expires...then I see just how big he is and I start shaking so bad I have to get down on one knee. I quickly thank God  (even though I am not very religious) Then tears just stream down my face. I am overcome with emotion..I gather myself enough to see i hit him behind the shoulder 3 times and once was a spine shot. I look at my phone and my buddy sent like 10 texts along with other guys on the lease. My buddies texts from across the ravine were funny....what did you kill? Wtf? What are you doing? How can you miss that many times? What is it? Was it big? So I text him and a few other guys that I have a giant 9 down and just sit and take it all in while I wait for the two guys that already have their deer down and my buddy on the opposite ridge...lots of high fives and hugs...I still can't believe it...a deer of a lifetime...I am extremely disappointed with the Hornady ballistic tips I picked up..three shots through the lungs...three tiny entry holes and three just as tiny exits. Definitely going back to the fusion I was shooting...

 

9 pt 8.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not gonna just show biggest, even better im gonna show you guys a sneak peak at my newest addition to my basement. It's been a long time coming but I finally have some walls up for my "man cave". Still a bunch left to do, but here's most of my collection. There's a great story behind every one and I have 2 more on the way ! I'm beyond blessed and humbled to have these guys hanging out down there....627c6bb427f725719387556f8d7239d4.jpg&key=8c8400be0395404d087fbab4d5acece01feb4df63297e88962eaff4d00a3da25

 

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

6c9002181bfeb3a4702f6b37ee5db8af.jpgb289b55564291e643612e018dc6ce9d5.jpg

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Not gonna just show biggest, even better im gonna show you guys a sneak peak at my newest addition to my basement. It's been a long time coming but I finally have some walls up for my "man cave". Still a bunch left to do, but here's most of my collection. There's a great story behind every one and I have 2 more on the way ! I'm beyond blessed and humbled to have these guys hanging out down there....627c6bb427f725719387556f8d7239d4.jpg&key=8c8400be0395404d087fbab4d5acece01feb4df63297e88962eaff4d00a3da25

 

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

6c9002181bfeb3a4702f6b37ee5db8af.jpgb289b55564291e643612e018dc6ce9d5.jpg

They look way better hanging than piled in a corner!  Looks good my friend. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...