Jeremy Newman

Five Seasons

Rochester folks,

Jeremy Newman is one of the host of a local country station's morning show. He's also an avid outdoorsman and gun rights supporter for context. I have a speaker system in my bathroom and listen to the show while getting ready for work and I never caught what the controversy was about and what he said, but apparently some listener lost their shit over something. Does anyone know?

Also, if you dislike cancel culture, please sign

https://www.change.org/p/keep-jeremy-newman-keep-newman-on-wbee-and?source_location=petitions_browse

damn. I still wan't to know what she said though...

I like Newman, and mental health is a real thing. His courage to talk about it is helpful to others, but I also still feel like he needs to be a little tougher to the bullying. Not condoning bullying, but when you choose a career in the public spotlight you're going to get it no matter what, because people suck.

Sounds like his boss and bosses f'n suck though. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 9:16 AM, Belo said:

Rochester folks,

Jeremy Newman is one of the host of a local country station's morning show. He's also an avid outdoorsman and gun rights supporter for context. I have a speaker system in my bathroom and listen to the show while getting ready for work and I never caught what the controversy was about and what he said, but apparently some listener lost their shit over something. Does anyone know?

Also, if you dislike cancel culture, please sign

https://www.change.org/p/keep-jeremy-newman-keep-newman-on-wbee-and?source_location=petitions_browse

I missed this! I was just listening to the station again this morning and wondered why the last several times I've tuned in, Jeremy hasn't been on. I was wondering if he moved back to Texas or something. I used the Google machine and found several posts about him being fired. (That's how I found out about this thread! LOL) Too bad! I think he also had a weekend outdoor show, discussing hunting and fishing?

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2020 at 7:17 AM, Cabin Fever said:

I missed this! I was just listening to the station again this morning and wondered why the last several times I've tuned in, Jeremy hasn't been on. I was wondering if he moved back to Texas or something. I used the Google machine and found several posts about him being fired. (That's how I found out about this thread! LOL) Too bad! I think he also had a weekend outdoor show, discussing hunting and fishing?

I tuned in the other day and heard Steve Haussmann back. What the heck is going on?