no rubs or scrapes

arrow nocker

I havn't seen any rubs or scrapes on our property.Except for 1 descent rub in some thick bedding directly behind my house.Pretty close actually.

Every year about this time we have a ton of rubs.the rub lines usually never change yr after yr.I havnt seen any thing.it is strange.

Do you think it is the weather?

Or is it possible that a portion of the woods have been being cut into fire wood might have chased out the bucks?

It is just strange that there isnt any.Everyone else is talking about all the chasing and all the massive rubs they have seen and making me jelious.LOL.

I havn't put much pressure on the woods my self.Just hung some stands about 3 wks ago is all.

My trail cams only have a pic of 1 doe.And i jumped a spike about 3 weeks ago when i was going to hang a stand.

What do ya think?They just havnt started chasing much here or something.

Im in Oswego County.

Same goes with me man. Usually there are scrapes along the perimeter of the field I hunt along with tree rubs on like 1 out of every 5 saplings on my property lol. No scrapes anywhere this year, same goes with the the wood lot I hunt a few miles down the road. I just found today actually some rubs, 3 of them to be exact, the first rubs I've seen all season on my way to hang up my climber.

I was just saying the same thing to another local hunter/friend of mine. I've seen 3 scrapes... one mock one that has a little interest, another that I opened and they are using it and a thrd small one down in the apple orchard. Usually by 8th of Oct they are all open. I'm glad to hear that it's not just here in southern Oneida Cty. You may go back next weekend and they are all opened up. My son and I did see some bucks and does... nothing special. I wonder if this will make the rut late too?

I was just saying the same thing to another local hunter/friend of mine. I've seen 3 scrapes... one mock one that has a little interest, another that I opened and they are using it and a thrd small one down in the apple orchard. Usually by 8th of Oct they are all open. I'm glad to hear that it's not just here in southern Oneida Cty. You may go back next weekend and they are all opened up. My son and I did see some bucks and does... nothing special. I wonder if this will make the rut late too?

I'm hunting "southernish" oneida county too (general area around where rte 5 and skyline meet) glad to see I'm not the only one.

We had this same problem last year. There was no buck sign anywhere opening weekend where we hunt last year. This year we have found a lot of rubs but no scraps yet. 2 years ago at this time we found both rubs and scraps. Who knows????

We did see a few different bucks this past weekend. I passed on a tight 7 point that had a short drop tine. I had him a 5 yards Sunday and 15 yards Monday morning. My buddy saw a couple forks and a few does. We have a couple good bucks on camera so we are holding out for one of them.

My Kirkwood and Conklin hunting areas are covered with rubs no scrapes yet. Windsor hunting area I havent even seen a deer or a track yet let alone a scrape or a rub. The populations in certain areas are really screwy this yr. I'm sure food sources have something to do with it. The Oaks did poorly this yr Which is giving me fits in the Windsor area.

Edited by erussell