2020 Lawn Thread!

BizCT

god dammit i went for a run today and 2 neighbors just mowed theirs. That's like an OCD tweak for me right there.

However, I'm pretty sure they're laid off and just bored. But damn they look good without any random leaves and stuff. All smooth, even if the greens are different shades still.

yeah i notice how the early grass is different colors haha

god dammit i went for a run today and 2 neighbors just mowed theirs. That's like an OCD tweak for me right there.
However, I'm pretty sure they're laid off and just bored. But damn they look good without any random leaves and stuff. All smooth, even if the greens are different shades still.

yeah i notice how the early grass is different colors haha

Enough motivation to buy a striping kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Enough motivation to buy a striping kit?

i've toyed around a lot, but i've seen pretty good results just alternating directions. But I was just referring to the different grasses peaking right now as they stagger their growth.

• Like 1

Not exactly my lawn but I plan on drinking a good amount of beer from my new patio.  My brother in law banged this out in a couple days. Buying a new house, then having my wife work from home is doing damage to my bank account but it is keeping us busy. 

My lawn is in the background so I hope this counts. 

IMG-20200401-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20200401-WA0024.jpg

Edited by corydd7
  • Like 6

i've toyed around a lot, but i've seen pretty good results just alternating directions. But I was just referring to the different grasses peaking right now as they stagger their growth.

Same

11 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Not exactly my lawn but I plan on drinking a good amount of beer from my new patio.  My brother in law banged this out in a couple days. Buying a new house, then having my wife work from home is doing damage to my bank account but it is keeping us busy. 

My lawn is in the background so I hope this counts. 

IMG-20200401-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20200401-WA0024.jpg

Love stamped concrete.  Had pavers at my first house.  Way too much maintenance.  Stamped concrete looks great and I haven’t had to pull a weed in 12 years.  

that looks great!

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mowin said:

Won't be long now. Checked a few clients this morning. I'll be mowing next week for sure. 

serious question. Is landscaping essential and allowed? I don't see how you'd have any issue with regards to spreading anything, but that doesn't mean the state agrees.

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

serious question. Is landscaping essential and allowed? I don't see how you'd have any issue with regards to spreading anything, but that doesn't mean the state agrees.

As far as I've read, single owner/operated business are good to go.  Friend of mine works for a large landscape company in my area. They got the okay to operate. No more than two people per vehicle. 

90% of my clients are from downstate and these are second homes. Most of them have been here for a few weeks. I've got two clients coming up this weekend. 

As far as I've read, single owner/operated business are good to go.  Friend of mine works for a large landscape company in my area. They got the okay to operate. No more than two people per vehicle. 

90% of my clients are from downstate and these are second homes. Most of them have been here for a few weeks. I've got two clients coming up this weekend. 

My neighbors all have landscaper companies working. Seems like 2 guys like you mentioned rather than the typical team or 5 or 6

• Like 1

My neighbor works for a big landscape company, they can do “maintenance” but can’t mulch. And they got some huge commercial properties that they’ve done the cleanup on that will need to be done again if they can’t mulch soon. I don’t understand the essential business stuff. If someone can work safely, let them work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My neighbor works for a big landscape company, they can do “maintenance” but can’t mulch. And they got some huge commercial properties that they’ve done the cleanup on that will need to be done again if they can’t mulch soon. I don’t understand the essential business stuff. If someone can work safely, let them work

The group of guys standing around on the 90 by the airport runway must be essential ,gotta get that automatic toll collection going ASAP.

• Like 1

9a3170d836d9dd853fe707d4bfe3d9d7.jpg&key=9d66ee8e65d01a146e4b2b2d6a32715061c4ffa5b7cd9d33c2e849b43733cb61c7025a567329689ed00af79fe2f4ea54.jpg&key=0fec4ae788cfea7339b5742366e704ec76a1be685ccabaabea1b9a38b36de707First mow yesterday, I’ll put down the Scotts step 1 in the next few days

I’m shocked you haven’t setup a skin diamond! You’re a fungo bat away from full practice.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:47 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

90cd560cb88acdd7038696962879b875.jpg

4/5/20: first cut of the year

Biz what is the green thing below the air filter . My yard is so wet I should fire up the jet ski instead of lawn mower .