Any luck in 4?

Tail_Hnt

Same in 4s and 4g. Was one of the slowest weekends i ever had with no deer sightings from the stand at all. every deer i saw all weekend was bedded and weather it be in the fields at night driving to my spot or walking in to the stand in the afternoon. Hopefully it will pickup real soon in Region 4.

John

I've had luck, Friday at 6:10 a cow of a doe walked up to my travel corridor stand and hung out, if I hadn't promised I would be back to my wife by 7:30 I would have waxed her, regretting it a little bit right now. Last Tuesday before the bad weather moved in I had a shot at a 6 point, and hit a teeny little pine twig. Apples are still a huge draw and probably will be for another week or two. Otherwise, they seem to be just browsing green shoots. I haven't seen a single nut scrape, or ripe nut on the ground all week. As opposed to last year where all they hit was acorns.

I think we'll be chasing next weekend/week. Weather looks like it's going to get Cold (!!!!!!!!!!!!) on Friday through the weekend. I think the big boys are finally starting to run and scrape a bit, we should see some action next weekend. Bundle up and good luck!

in 4O Oneonta NY area it has been slow due to the weather . It seems as I go out for a few hours each day ( beingretired) the rain comes, I get wet and come home. I have seen a total of 9 does and fawns and one great looking buck ( 8 point) that was about 55 yards away and he winded me.

Too bad on that 8 pointer, maybe next time.

We are neighbors, I'm about 20 minutes from you. I'm located in the town of Harpersfield. I'm always in Oneonta picking up something at either TSC, Lowes or Walmart....Oneonta is great place to get away and kill a couple hours...

Having a slow start in 4P. Been hunting an apple orchard that is loaded with apples and I haven't been seeing many deer. The difference between a bad season and a good season is about 5 seconds! I'll keep pluggin away.

Apple trees seem to be the ticket by me, the deer are eating them up.....You cant be more right all it takes is 5 seconds to change your whole season around.

I live and hunt in 4S. Even tho it's been slow for me guys been hammerin some good ones. Just what I know of is 2 9's and 4 8's. If you got a facebook account go to "Greene County Hunter" page and like it. It's my hunting page. Got some good pics of deer. I been on a good sticker 9. If I work til dusk and drive by where he is, no doubt he'll be out in the field. If I go hunting, sat like 20something hrs in 2 different stands, I won't see him. Oh well, that's hunting..

• 2 weeks later...