westchester hunting and regulations

JGaruti3

Does anyone else hunt in Westchester county? I was suppose to go this weekend but I found out you need individual permits for certain towns? Is this true? Is this the case for every town in Westchester?

I have friends with land in Katonah and they said I need this special bowhunting permit from the town of Bedford.

If anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I am not aware of any 'special" permits for individual towns in westchester. The only thing I can think of is a few county parks like Muscoot require a permit and a test so wherever you are in Bedford, may also require that. Also if you hunt on Watershed property you need a permit from the DEP.

Is it private land you are hunting? or County land?

or give the town clerk a call

Town Clerk's Office

Town Clerk: Lisbeth "Boo" Fumagalli

Deputy Town Clerk: Nina Kellogg

Telephone: (914) 666-4534

FAX: (914) 666-5249

E-mail: [email protected]

Edited by drwost

Well I had planned on hunting one of the DEP watershed areas. I do have that permit. My friend was driving through the area scouting though and said that another permit is required from the town of Bedford. Good idea on calling the clerk...going to see what is up.

I've hunted the water shed only need the parking permit and the 3 year card.

How is Hunting that watershed land? I also have that Dep permit. I'm looking forward to hunt in suffolk as well just recently received my Dec permit to access the land. To quote my Bow Hunting instructor "There are big bucks on Long Island!!!" He's a guy that has hunted all over the world. Speaking of which I should give that man a call

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Cgallo39
      I've  recently started hunting DEP property in westchester county over the past two years, mainly big peninsula on kensico resivour and turkey mountain in Yorktown. I was able to do some pre season scouting but not much.  While scouting I'm looking for heavily used trails, dropping, scraps and rubs and while I have found some, during  hunting then the past couple of weeks I haven't seen any deer in both locations. My main question is am I missing something? Should I be looking for anything else? Or how far into the properties should I be going and is the distance I travel going to be different in the morning than the afternoon? 
      Thank you in advance
      chris
    • By Santiago
      Hey there, 

Brand new to this site and was hoping to meet hunting partners in the NYC/Westchester area. 
      I've been only hunting for about 2 years now but its slowly consumed my life. Looking to learn and enjoy the outdoors with others. 

• By Bigapplebackstraps
      Hi all,

New hunter here. I have gear and tags (no gun). I live in New York City where the hunting isn't great (unless you're a fan of 8th Avenue pigeon). I would really appreciate the opportunity to go hunting with someone or a group of hunters. I have access to a car and will go almost anywhere. I would love to learn from you and I will help in any way. I can drag, gut, help process, butcher, and even cook - anything you need. Nobody in my group of family or friends hunts, and I would like to learn so that one day I can go alone and teach my friends and future family how to hunt.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!