If you were ordering boots..

fadetoblack188

For me ten. I’m a 9 1/2 and wear ten in boots , you just reach 9 1/2 with heavy socks , so I think 10 would work . I’ve never gone up any higher so can’t comment on that . You really need to try the boots on to see .

57 minutes ago, fadetoblack188 said:

If your were ordering new boots, hunting / hiking boots and this was your measurement. What size would you order? 

not really sure how to read these the right way haha

random I know 

9BFEF73A-1900-42DB-B05F-E025863EDAE0.png

639FF9F2-4608-43A6-B49D-08569E30BEBC.jpeg

Dollars to donuts those weegy boards don’t mean squat.......try on different sizes from 9.5-10.5 and then throw in some short wide mofo’s.  

Good luck!!

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

So the problem is I am looking for more of the hiking boot style. The ones I want are only sold out west. Can’t try them on. And to be honest I know hiking boots are suppose to fit like a certain way. I am not really sure haha. I guess what ever one feels more comfortable 

Edited by fadetoblack188

So I ordered a got a 9.5 and a 10.  The 9.5 the length seems ok. Without testing it on downhills to see if any toe touch. But they feel tight on the sides 

the ten width feels perfect . Length may be a tag long not sure.

should I bother trying to order a 9.5w and trying or just stick with the 10 and call it a day

Edited by fadetoblack188

It's not the shoe sizer gizmo that should be in question, it's a US std. It's the off-shore shoe mfgers that don't have standardized sizes per US customers. I've run into this situation with ordering hunting boots online... a lot!!!

BTW - When you size yourself with the sizer gizmo, you should be standing up forcing your feet to spread like while wearing boots, shoes, etc.

Edited by nyslowhand

The device is saying 9 1/2....next, what type of sock do you wear? What size shoe do you normally wear?

Have you ever worn that brand before? I would go to an online source for the boot where you can read questions/ reviews of the boot. How the boots fit and how true to size they run usually show up quite a bit...and that goes out the window if you like your boots to fit different. 

I normally wear 10 1/2, and in the brands I like with my wool socks (medium weight which I wear year round) my boots usually are the same unless they are rubber packs, where I go to 11 for a wool innersole.

I also usually try to find the style locally so I can try them on....then if I am saving a lot of money, buy online, and make sure you are buying them from an outfit that you can return for size.

Just now, fadetoblack188 said:

The company states to order your true size . That they recommend you order your true size as they run true to size.  Based off that pic techinically my true size is 9.5 right?

Probably more accurate is to look inside the shoes you already own for the size...look in several pairs.

3 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Too bad shoe companies can’t make shoes that correspond to that Braddock weegy board.  

That would help but still doesn't take into account the total circumference of the foot which makes a big difference in size.  I can't wear Lacrosse because I have a block foot.  Tried on a pair of 15 and had to ask for help to pull them off, unlike mucks that I can wear my normal 13 or a 14.

If you are worried about warmth, I would go with the bigger size. If you aren't worried about cold feet because they are only going to be used for hiking, I would go with what fits the best and your foot won't slide around in. Generally your feet don't get cold walking...at least mine don't...