Any one ever adjust Parallax in a non adjustable scope?

ApexerER

I have never felt Parallax was an issue for me, so I have never purchased a parallax adjustable scope....

The Leupold 3x9-40 scope I put on my Scorpyd crossbow has a set parallax at 150 yds...I have noticed that the parallax is really bad at 20 yds. I sent an email to Leupold asking them if I could send the scope in and have the parallax readjusted. They got back to me and said that they are not doing any work on scopes at the moment and won't be until further notice. Their lab is being remodeled and they don't have a specific time frame of when it will be completed. 

So I googled adjusting parallax in a non adjustable scope and there were several videos and how too's….It sounds like if you remove the lock ring on the end of the bell you can refocus the parallax to any distance you want. It actually sound very simple....Has anyone done it? I would be sick if I ruined this scope...This also might be useful info to someone on here.....

https://www.mcarbo.com/store/pg/33-adjusting-parallax-on-non-ao-scope.aspx

• Confused 1

Apexer, I have never tried to adjust parallax on a scope that is not adjustable, but that does not sound like the scope you want on a crossbow.  I would think either a crossbow scope or even scopes often used on airguns would be better suited based on the average range you will be using it.

Save it for your future AR.

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Apexer, I have never tried to adjust parallax on a scope that is not adjustable, but that does not sound like the scope you want on a crossbow.  I would think either a crossbow scope or even scopes often used on airguns would be better suited based on the average range you will be using it.

Save it for your future AR.

I have 3 of them and this one wasn't being used. I really liked the idea of a non cluttered reticle and with the HHA I can  dial to any range I want. I did a lot of reading in the crossbow forum before I decided this. There are a lot of people that use this setup (although the go to scope seems to be Vortex for them) 

It isn't necessary for me to adjust the parallax but when I shoot at 20 yds I am having a hard time getting same hole accuracy this bow should be capable of....As I move out in range the 3/4 or so inch group does not expand ( maybe to an inch although I haven't shot past 40 yds) so I am thinking that maybe the parallax is effecting my accuracy at these close ranges....I would just like to rule it out. This is shooting off a Caldwell sled and my homemade bench....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 11:48 AM, ApexerER said:

Can anyone with an adjust parallax on the bell, tell me which way to turn the lens to lower the set parallax yardage. I read it is counter clockwise, I just want to be sure....

Looking into my Leupold with the adjustable objective for parallax pointing away from me, it turns counter clockwise to lower the yardage setting.

On 3/29/2020 at 5:26 AM, Rattler said:

Looking into my Leupold with the adjustable objective for parallax pointing away from me, it turns counter clockwise to lower the yardage setting.

Thanks Rattler, I adjusted it...It was a piece of cake. Just took the ring off the bell with a strap wrench. Turned the focal part counter clockwise until it was parallax free at 50 yds. Put the ring back on the bell. Took me about 15 minutes....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Thanks Rattler, I adjusted it...It was a piece of cake. Just took the ring off the bell with a strap wrench. Turned the focal part counter clockwise until it was parallax free at 50 yds. Put the ring back on the bell. Took me about 15 minutes....

Good info

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I like a man who's willing to attempt difficult situations after careful analysis and research.  Congratulations!  You have done well grasshopper.

;)

Here is a couple pics. The threaded part is what turns to adjust it.

Wont let me load a pic. Says upload failed and gives me a triangle with 200 in it.